Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

I think I just bought a Lemon!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Default I think I just bought a Lemon!

well i have a few more problems to ask about and then il make my decision if i just wasted 5 grand on a car.

my brakes are grabbing like mad, the right rear is stuck, puting pressure on the rotor at all times and the other three calipers arent doin much better, im plannin on taking them off and cleaning them and then bleeding them, will that fix the problem?

secondly, i have the 3 speed automatic transmission and wen it tries to shift from second into third it almost feels like it is slipping big time and doesnt go all the way into the gear for a long time and then finally i can feel it grab all the way, wut could be causing that?

and finally, jus recently my headlights stopped going up and down, all my dash lights wont come on and all of my rear brake lights and side marker light stopped working, could this be a fuse or short circuit or what?

thanks for whoever responds to this with some helpful info, im really kinda lost now!

Old 05-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I think I just bought a Lemon!

For the lights, I would start by checking your fuses. Always start with the easy fix first, and investigate from there.

For the rear brakes, you can obviously start with a good bleeding. If that does not work, I would take the calipers off and rebuild them, IE, new pressure seal, dust seal, and caliper pot. Blow out your lines etc. It is also possible that the small section of soft line on that caliper side has collapsed. There is a hard line coming off the brake caliper, then back on the trailing arm, it turns into a short piece of rubber line. If you can't get any fluid out of the caliper when bleeding, that is probably the issue.

For the headlights, again start by checking your fuses and relays. There is a connection on the headlight motor (passenger side, in front of the washer tank). Make sure that is plugged in securely, along with that relay.

For the transaxle, I would start by checking the fluid level. Sounds like it might be low. I would drop the pan, change the fluid filter, then refill with fluid and see how it acts.

Hope this helps Mark!

Karl

Old 05-08-2007, 08:45 PM

the way you describe the electrical issues, man....it sounds like your car may have been under water at some point during its life. i guess it could just be a short at one place, but it sounds like what cars do that have taken a swim before. do you know for sure that it has not been flooded?

Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 PM

hey thanks a buch for the info i will check all that stuff, and im not sure about the underwater thing but it is a possibility thanks again