Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

Alarm setting/door locking problem

Old 07-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Default Alarm setting/door locking problem

With the top up (shortly after a heavy rain, for what it’s worth). The remote would not lock the car. The LED on the remote lights and the LED beneath the windshield pulsed rapidly while the remote’s button was being depressed. No signal light flashing.

Also, the little “key” rocker switch beside the radio was constantly lit afterwards.

A few minutes later the thing seemed to work normally, maybe after opening the door a few times!

I’m new to this 2001 Boxster and this happened in my own garage, but I want to understand what happened so I can deal with it before I’m locking up in some crime zone.

Any advice, explanations?

Thanks, Bob

Old 10-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Default RE: Alarm setting/door locking problem

Bobiam,

I had some quirky things happen too,, There is a screwd up design with the boxter that you need to address
immediately.. Under the drivers seat is a little box that contains the electonic pc board for the alarm system and if water gets
into you floor from the little drain holes being clogged up that drain the water when the top is up that are found when the top is partially up.. YOU MUST REMOVE THE DRIVERS SEAT - ( 4 bolts _ inverse torx) then remove the circuit board box and open it up.. Looke at the bottom of the circuit board and see if there is any corrosion on the solder side and if so then gently wire brush with a very fine wire brush to remove the corrosion. Now get some clear varnish and coat the solder side of the board to prevent further corrosion.. Now dry out the plastic box ( do this on a day with low humidity)reinstall thepc boardseal the edges of the box with box with silicone or some other sealant then wrap the box in plastic and tie wrap the harness connectors to prevent moisture from ever reentering the box, Be sure your water drain holes are clear to prevent water from getting on the floorboard.. This was an DUMB *** PLACE for the enginerres at porsche to mount an electronic
device such as this where water is prone to collect! Good luck - if you do not address this situation ASAP -- expect to dig deep into your pockets fro the DOUGH to get this fixed !!

GOD BLESS ALL YOU BOXTER PEEPS !!