Notices
Porsche Boxster Porsche's smallest and least expensive sports car model,the Boxster is a convertible sports car released in late 1996.

Practicality of the Porsche Boxster (NEED ADVICE PLEASE!)

Old 03-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Question Practicality of the Porsche Boxster (NEED ADVICE PLEASE!)

Hi guys! I'm in need of advice from people that own this car!
First of all, I have an obsessive passion for Porsche. Secondly, here's a little back story. My truck (my only vehicle) recently had one of those major malfunctions that killed it completely mechanically. SO, I've been in search of a new vehicle. I've done a great deal of research on the 986 and I've been looking into possibly purchasing one. I'm about to graduate university in one more semester. I consult with my father on things, because I like to gather as much input as I can before I make a decision to do anything at all. He says that the Boxster is impractical. Not to be a smarty pants or anything, but he also knows nothing about the car other than the picture he's seen. My question is: is it really that impractical? I don't think that it is. I know about IMS failure and RMS leaks and the owner I am meeting Tuesday has taken outstanding care of this car, garage kept and adult driven, the whole nine yards. There are no symptoms of IMS failure and none of the common issues that the Boxster has. If that were an issue I wouldn't even be to the point of gathering everyone's advice on the subject. So as far as impracticality goes; I can't tow my boat. I don't care about that, I will just sell it if I get this car, haha. I can only fit one passenger, but I haven't driven more than one person at a time since I was in high school, so that doesn't mean anything to me. I know there's a ton of trunk space, so what are some things that may make it impractical? Thanks guys!

Last edited by Nate Sellers; 03-30-2014 at 09:26 PM.