Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Cayenne acceleration issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Cayenne acceleration issues

Try using the Sprint Booster...

Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Default RE: Cayenne acceleration issues

I had a coolant leak that led to what I have now. I have a hesitation in my throttle. Not sure if it’s the same thing you’re experiencing. I have a chugging feel when I slightly depress the accelerator trying to change lanes or merge. And seemingly only when the truck is warm.
I have been told its my spark plugs. Since my truck is not under warranty and the plugs are only around $9.00 each. I will have the mechanic change them.
I have a question though.
My truck did not throw any signal that something was wrong. I have been told on several occasions that this is a smart truck and it is sensitive. So it will throw warning signals on anything that might be a problem. So far it hasn’t done this. I had a bad coolant leak and it only threw a signal as coolant was rushing out of the cracked pipes. (at that point it was a bit obvious there was an issue.)

Did your truck give any warning lights on the dash? When the mechanic hooked it up to the computer did he say if it showed any code numbers?

I too am leery on whether or not my vehicle is reliable.
I have 76k miles on my 2003 Cayenne S, and haven’t had too many issues with it. I do have a loose connection or bad headlight switch or something…. But that I will question in another post.

At the present labor rate, I would hate to just start changing things until we stubble upon the right one!

Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by stompermom
Thought I would post the resolution. Porsche sent a tech manager out from Georgia to try and fix the acceleration problem. Within a few hours, he ascertained that it ws a software issue. He installed a software update and the delay is gone.

Without this forum, we would have been up a creek. The dealer finally stopped denying the problem only after I supplied them with messages describing the same unfixed issues.
Thank you

Do you have any information of what software updates you received. I have the same excellerator problem on my '06 Cayenne that I've been chasing down since I bought it last year. I'd like to go to the dealer and tell them what I think they need to update and see if it makes sense. It's almost to dangerous to drive here in Cali. Would really apprecaite it.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by stompermom
Thought I would post the resolution. Porsche sent a tech manager out from Georgia to try and fix the acceleration problem. Within a few hours, he ascertained that it ws a software issue. He installed a software update and the delay is gone.

Without this forum, we would have been up a creek. The dealer finally stopped denying the problem only after I supplied them with messages describing the same unfixed issues.
Thank you

I am hoping someone can revive this thread and answer the question about the software update.

I replaced my transmission and when i drove it home from the shop it drove without a problem (on the highway most of the way) after i got off the freeway i was having the same hesitation explained above. When I come to a stop and try to accelerate the car won't go and then all of a sudden the gear catches and starts up again. I would like to come to the dealer telling them what needs to be updated

Old 09-23-2018, 01:29 PM

Hi, do you have more info on which Georgia dealership the tech manager came from and perhaps the tech manager name? I have a 2016 Cayenne Diesel and the lag is driving me crazy.