Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   All Other Porsche Models (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/all-other-porsche-models-16/)
-   -   Panamera Turbo (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/all-other-porsche-models-16/panamera-turbo-10503/)

Rosso Spyder 10-09-2011 12:12 PM

Panamera Turbo

Didnt see a link for this model which is interesting since its in its 3rd year of production. Unless I missed it; my appologies if I did. This is my 1st post and my question is for porsche panamera turbo owners. Is this a realistic daily driver? How is the wear on the factory tires? Comfort? Handling? Size? What is the service interval on this vehicle for oil etc? How are annual maintenance costs/expenses? What is the factory warranty limit? I am shopping the car against the maserati specifically for daily use (12,000 miles driven per year more or less) I also live in new england where we have 4 seasons with sun, rain and snow. Any comments, suggestions and experiences are most appreciated.:)

theStig 12-06-2011 11:03 AM

Interesting question, for which I would answer "yes". I recently purchased a Panamera 4S as a daily driver. We live in the pacific northwest, with a lot of rain, ice, and occasional snow. My date night car is an Aston DB9, previous daily driver was a Suburban boat-puller, and I was looking for something similar to my wife's BMW 550xi. Almost went and got another 550xi, but the salesperson got me past the butt-ugly exterior of the Panamera and took me for a test drive. Sold. That car is an amazing driving machine, AWD, as fast and handles almost as well as my DB9, but rides like the comfort plus in the BMW 550 xi. It is a Porsche 911 limousine that drives like a race car. Get past the ugly part and drive it.

Lee Willis 12-08-2011 08:55 PM

I could not get past the ugly part.

I ordered an Aston 4-door. Not as fast maybe, but pretty outside and a lovely interior.

larrycolly10 12-09-2011 07:14 AM

i read the post i really like this site i have a got information from this post if you should more information visit this link............
jogos online
thanks for sharing

theStig 12-11-2011 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lee Willis (Post 28807)
I could not get past the ugly part.

I ordered an Aston 4-door. Not as fast maybe, but pretty outside and a lovely interior.

Aston definitely better looking. Except headfirst in a snowdrift. And for some reason I get more speeding tickets in the Aston.

The Panamera is so ugly that my kid won't let me pick him up from school in it. But I still think it's better looking than the Cayenne.

Rosso Spyder 12-11-2011 08:08 AM

yeah honestly I am really having a tough time getting over the ugly part too. What kind of Aston did you guys like the Rapide? Right Now I'm leaning towards a Bentley Continental GT Coupe as a luxurious daily. very comfortable. its has 2 doors instead of 4. awd. engineered by VW so should be more reliable than english cars of the past. And its actually pretty good looking. I fit good in it. Other big point is its not overly produced like porsche. I hate having something that every Tom Dick and Harry has, which is why I traded my corvette for my lamborghini. Definitely figured out the weekend ride. Now i just need to figure out the week day one. Right now my daily is an H2 Hummer and I really want something more luxurious but dont want to give up reliability or the ability to daily drive to my office year round.

theStig 12-15-2011 12:45 AM

We did test drive the Bentley for a weekend; my wife did not like the grill and also thought the Panamera handled better as far as cornering and turning radius, not to mention speed. She thought the Bentley looked "mature". We also needed the hatchback to haul around an upright bass and lacrosse gear. So far it's working out well; it hasn't snowed in the PNW yet but there's been ice and rain.

jemruk 11-17-2012 06:58 AM

PORSCHE PANAMERICA 2011
Engine 4.8L 8
Drive Rear-wheel drive
Transmission S
Fuel Type GAS
Cylinders 8
Runs/Drives DEFAULT

http://www.globalporsche.com/wp-cont...181/full/2.JPG

Jeremiah Gibson 12-29-2012 12:00 AM

This post is really informative as I have gained lots of information about latest brand of cars available in the market. This will surely help those people who love to gather information about cars.