Notices
All Other Porsche Models Post Your Questions and Comments on Any of Porsche's other Models that are not listed above.

New Panamera GTS?

Old 03-19-2018, 07:54 PM
Default New Panamera GTS?

Hi,
Newbie, here. About a year ago, I told my wife, before the combustion engine gets outlawed and all cars become battery driven econo-s*boxes, I was going to buy a Porsche. "That's great, Hon," she said, "Just make sure you're ok sleeping in it." Ouch.

Ok, so fast forward and her view has softened and I'm allowed to buy a Panamera (as long as it's my money). That's fine--I'll drive it more often, the kids'll fit and, since I've never owned a Porsche I've not been indoctrinated with the notion that any Porsche other than a 911 is, well, not a Porsche.

Here's my problem (1st world): I simply cannot decide between the Turbo and the 4S. I test drove them both last weekend. The 4S had the sport chrono package with the mental button. And it was... incredible! I activated it on merge onto a highway. It was utter heaven. Then I drove the Turbo (NO sport chrono). It felt much heavier in the hand and I didn't know if that was in my head or truly the result of the extra weight. Of course the power was beastly. Do I want the Turbo? Sure. If for no other reason than I don't want to have to constantly justify to myself (and maybe others) in the following years why I didn't get it.

On an apples-to-apples comparison I make it out to be about $40K more expensive. Is it really worth it?

I can't help thinking, then, that the GTS would be the perfect answer to my dilemma. But WHEN, for heaven's sake is it coming out?? Does anyone have a clue based on its introduction in other models?

Vielen Danke, Freunden,

Will