Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-21/)
-   -   help..adding Nav to '04 911 (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-21/help-adding-nav-04-911-a-4932/)

acrylicconcepts 01-05-2008 04:57 PM

help..adding Nav to '04 911

Help

I am adding a kenwood navigation system to the factory stereo and I cannot find where to tap in the audio from the nav to the car.

Any suggestions?
Does anyone have the factory wiring schematic?

Thanks

WorldWideStereo 04-26-2008 04:35 PM

RE: help..adding Nav to '04 911

which unit are you trying to use?

Hot911TT 04-27-2008 07:35 AM

Did you already get the Kenwood? I just bought the Pioneer Avic D3 this weekend.

WorldWideStereo 04-27-2008 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It sounds like you are trying to interface a Kenwood Nav system to your OEM radio. If that is the case let me know because I can help you out with that. I need to know if you are using the OEM screen or if you are using an aftermarket display for the Nav. ( you can do it both ways ) Are you using Kenwoods Garmin based system ( KNAG510 ) or one of the older Kenwood Navigation systems ( KNA-DV2100 / 3100 / 4100 ) because it will make a differance as to how you are going to get the audio. Send me an email and let me know what you are using and I can help you out. As for the Pioneer piece, you are absolutly on the right track with Kenwood. Do you plan on replacing the radio eventually? If so you have WAY better control and flexability with the Kenwood pieces than any other manufacture out there. Here is what I did. Let me know what you think.

Attachment 1692

Hot911TT 04-27-2008 01:23 PM

Before you get a Kenwood POS check out the Avic3. the reliability on Kenwood is absolutely terrible. I've had Kenwood in the past and they are junk.

WorldWideStereo 04-28-2008 09:47 AM

reliability? really? I work in the industry. I have sold both. I can tell you without a shred of doubt the field failure rate of these units is EXTREMELYlow.Now this argument only holds water if you by"A" stock ( not refurbished or second hand units ) and install it properly.When I delt morewith the Pioneer Piece Ican honestly say that there unitsdid not explode in the dash boards of peoples cars. They are BOTH reliable units. My argument isthat Kenwood has a better Nav system,better bluetooth compatibility, better iPodcontrol, More and Better sound control and adjustment, an easier to use interface, and is an all around better value.These are not opinions, they are fact. To say that all Kenwood radio's are bad because yours broke isrediculous. I have hadPioneer, Eclipse, JVC, Jensen, Soundstream, Clarion, Sony,Alpine,Dual,and Kenwood radiosthat have had there fair share ofissues.( My KDCX-911from 1999 is STILL workingfine. ) There are many reasons that consumer electronics break ( and I have seen most of them ) but 99% ofthe time it is not a"manufacturer defect".......unless you have an AVIC(JK)

Hot911TT 04-28-2008 10:41 AM

Look wide word of stero guy. I'm not confessing to be a stereo expert like yourself. I can only say that I have had reliability issues with Kenwood in the past and I won't buy another Kenwood product. They were new and not refurbished. I've never owned a Kenwood Nav system. It's a personal choice. I have had gread luck with Pioneer products. I like the features on the Avic3, it looks nice and is versatile enough for my needs. Enough said.

ESOTERIC 11-15-2008 02:05 PM

LMAO bad WWS ... funny how Pioneer has to announce a software upgrade for their new AVIC's because they were screwed up out of the box... I bet that hurt their ego ;)

also you an insider? from AUS? secret hand shake?

WorldWideStereo 12-02-2008 06:22 PM

I do work in the industry and I spend alot of time looking at new products for my employer so I simply try to pass my findings on as honestly and straight forward as I can. On a positive note the upgrade software Pioneer has offered has made some significant improvements and actually makes the AVIC screens very competitive. I believe Pioneer has another ace in their sleeve and will update the AVIC screens once againin 2009 to make them truely awsome. So Pioneer fans should stay tuned and expect a resurgence of Pioneer quality in 2009. But unfortunetly I am still awaiting a superioraudio screen from Pioneer.