Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Detailing (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/detailing-32/)
-   -   Uber All-In-One ... Review and Initial Thoughts (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/detailing-32/uber-all-one-review-initial-thoughts-13304/)

WolfgangCarCare 12-16-2014 01:21 PM

Uber All-In-One ... Review and Initial Thoughts

Our friend Bwatereagleman over at Autogeekonline posted his thoughts on the Wolfgang Uber All In One

For those of you thinking about trying Wolfgang Uber All-In-One, or have recently tried this product and have mixed thoughts, please read further.

First of all, let me apologize for not taking any pictures, but time did not allow me to get any "before" shots. I will try and post a couple of "after" shots.

We had three black vehicles which needed some attention. The first was a 2011 BMW 328 Xi, that had buffer trails from when it was detailed for the auction, a fair amount of swirls, and a few RIDS. The second was a 2004 Lexus RX330 with extremely neglected paint. It was embedded with contaminants aplenty. It also had "detailer" installed buffer trails and was severely swirled. The last was a 2007 Volkswagen Toureg with swirls, buffer trails, and RIDS.

All of these vehicles were candidates for a 1-step polish and seal as the goal was to make them look shiny and glossy, to remove the holograms, and test the Uber All-In-One. These vehicles were thoroughly washed and clayed, and I used the Flex 3401 with primed Lake Country, white CCS pads.
The BMW was the first in the garage. My main goal was to remove the buffer trails and to see how much of the swirls could be removed. As I was working, I immediately notice how easy the Uber AIO worked. I used a slow arm-speed when polishing, a machine speed between 4-5, and made 4-5 section passes. After working about a 1/3 of the hood, I waited the 30 seconds and began to wipe the product off. I found the Uber to be extremely difficult to wipe off. As a matter of fact, it took 10-15 minutes to wipe off the Uber. The entire job took 2 to 3 times longer (than our normal 1-step process) to complete because of the wipe off. Nonetheless, the car came out looking gorgeous with a deep, wet looking gloss.

Many of swirls were less noticeable, but the combo of a white pad and the Uber could not remove the deeper swirls. The holograms were removed, but there were some streaks that needed to be followed up with an additional wipe down. I attributed this to Uber’s incredible bond with the paint. After completing the job, I remember thinking this stuff is going to have to wipe off a LOT easier for me like it and to continue to use it.

Next was the Lexus. I used the same setup to just try and revitalize some pretty neglected paint. The vehicle really needed compounding, but the vehicle has some serious defects that wouldn't be removed without a repaint and it just wasn't in the customer's budget. I found the Lexus paint to be a little on the softer side, so I thought the Uber AIO was a great candidate. I again used the same basic steps: slow arm speed, 4.5 on the Flex, and 4 to 5 and occasional 6 section passes. Again, the Uber worked in great with little to no dusting, but again it was extremely difficult to wipe off. Again, many of the swirls were removed and the paint was very deep and wet looking.

After the Lexus, I thought I need to change something up. The results of the first two vehicles were great, but it was just too difficult to wipe off the product.

Off to the Toureg. After reading a post by Nick@Autogeek reviewing Uber AIO, he wrote suggesting a speed of 4 on the Flex and only 4 or 5 section passes, and a section size of 18" x 18". So, I slowed the Flex to 4, shrunk my working area a bit, and sped up my arm speed a little. Results ... much easier to wipe off the Uber. I completed the Toureg and again the results were stunning, AND it did not take near as long to remove the product.

Final thoughts of Uber All-In-One ... The results are great! There was a learning curve for me. Maybe I'm just a slow learner. I didn't want to give up on the product; the results were just too good. One thing I realized is not to have the expectations to remove all swirls using Uber AIO , even though it will remove some lighter swirls. Uber All-In One left stunning results on all 3 vehicles, but removing swirls might be better left to a dedicated swirl remover/polish which wipes away easily and then a LSP of your choice. Uber AIO seems like it has a long polishing cycle, but don’t do as I did and keep polishing if you find it difficult to wipe the product off. I would also strongly recommend that you NOT use higher machine speeds and keep your working area in smaller sections, even if you are working with the Flex 3401. The machine can do the work easily, but I believe the product will dries too quickly to wipe off easily.

I hope this helps some of you that might be finding Uber AIO a bit difficult to remove. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Maybe some of you had a better first time experience and can share your methodology for others as well. One of the reasons why this forum is so great, is that the Autogeeks come to the rescue when you need them. Best wishes!