Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Exterior (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/exterior-22/)
-   -   944 Vertical Lambo Doors! (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/exterior-22/944-vertical-lambo-doors-1257/)

CTiggerPigglet 12-01-2005 08:37 AM

944 Vertical Lambo Doors!

Hi all,

I know that I'll proberbly be opening up a hornets nest, but, has anyone ever converted a 944 to those vertical lambo doors that you see on a lot of the Japanese customs? As show cars go, I think that they look the biz! What do you think?[8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1465/4E51A8576C93414CA379890FD4146FD1.jpg[/IMG]

Lee Willis 12-01-2005 12:00 PM

RE: 944 Vertical Lambo Doors!

Well, first, it seems way to "bling-bling."

Second, I saw one of the kits on a 'vette. The doors fit well and they open out about 10 inchs, then up, but they never get out of the way enough. Didn't like them.

they do get atttention, however, if that is youyr goal.

They the kit costs a lot (at least the one i saw) and you can buy a lot of performance, etc., with that money instead.

BeerRocket 06-14-2006 11:04 PM

You're better off just shaving the door handles.

CTiggerPigglet 06-16-2006 08:36 AM

It's not quite the same thing though, is it?

drummer_toxik 07-14-2006 05:20 PM

dude, lambo door kits are a stupid idea, unless they're on a lamborghini...thats what they were made for...

r3dl1nethiz23 07-27-2006 12:15 AM

nicee i like

CTiggerPigglet 07-27-2006 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: drummer_toxik

dude, lambo door kits are a stupid idea, unless they're on a lamborghini...thats what they were made for...
So the first car that had a turbo/four wheel drive/spoilers/or any other invention should only be used on that manufacture's cars? Lamborghini may have these doors on their cars, but that dosen't mean that they can't look good on another car! That's like saying, don't paint any other car red because Ferraris are red!

Okay, Dude!
[:@]

ninefortyfour 11-19-2006 01:12 PM

lambo doors are for civics and other crappy cars, not for porsches.

CTiggerPigglet 11-20-2006 07:42 AM

I've seen some awesome Porsches, built by RUF, Gemballa, etc with Lambo style doors. I don't see anyone putting them down.

In the U.K., we don't have your "ricers", only grannies & grandads drive Civics. We have propper sports cars!

Big Bob 01-05-2008 11:19 AM

I have not a fitted a set of Lambo Doors on a 944, but I have fitted them to a couple of Smart Roadster Coupe's, mine and my son's car.
These German manufactured Kits are well made and come with comprehensive fitting instructions. I've had them fitted now for 2 years and there have been no durability problems to report. You need to keep the "pressure cylinder" rods clean, and the pivot points lubricated. They are ideal where parking space is tight, and you can't get your door open wide enough to extract your legs and body through the "narrow gap". Thats why the Japs like them for their limited parking arrangements in their traffic "blocked" cities. The beauty about the design is that the standard cars body seals are engaged in the normal way, and its only after you have taken the door off the seals, that the door then lifts up to go vertical. A brilliant solution too if you have very long legs - like my son and myself who are both over 6' 5".
Regards Big Bob