Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

2014 Caymans

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 02:41 AM
Default 2014 Caymans

Hello Everyone,

I just became a member of the site and was hoping to learn a lot of about porsche's from all you members. I have been looking to buy a porsche for some time now but there are a few things/concerns holding me back. I was hoping the members of this site could give me some insights/advise to possibly ease my concerns.

A little about myself, I am 39 years old, am married, and have no debts other than a mortgage (which wont go away for awhile LOL). My wife and I try to save as much as we can which is great, but we also would like to enjoy life, which brings me to my desire to purchase a CPOicon Porsche (preferably a Cayman). I have read several articles about the IMSicon issues (I am sure you are all tired of hearing about this, my apologies) that have caused problems for several owners. I have heard that anything from 2009 and newer does not have this issue, is this statement correct? I would hate to be in the position where a buy a new car and then the engine dies on me. I honestly think I would cry.

Anyway, there is a local porsche dealer that has a 2014 Cayman (base) which only has 75 miles on it and they are asking $49k. Even though the car is 2 years old, it is basically new. I thought this was a good price, but was wondering if offering $40K is too low of an initial offer. I would like to not go over $43k, is that wishful thinking? Are there any issues with the 2014 model year? I do not plan on tracking the car, was just going to drive it to and from work every now and again, and on the weekends.

There is also an independent dealership who has a 2004 Porsche 911 C4S with only 17,120 miles and they are asking $42K. At first I thought this is a great deal, the car is in good condition, has low miles (which I like a lot), and I think I could get it for something in the mid to high 30s as . The problem is, there is no warranty for this car and also, 2004 is one of the years where the IMS issue was most prevalent, right?

Well, I have taken enough of your time so I will end it here. If anyone can offer any advise or opinions on what they would do, I would appreciate it. I am not in any hurry to make a purchase as this is a pretty big expense and a car with high maintenance cost, I do not want to rush into anything. Thanks in advance for any comments.

ATEQ VT55 OBDII TPMS