Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   General Porsche Chat (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/general-porsche-chat-5/)
-   -   Porsche Announces Two Limited Edtion Trimlines (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/general-porsche-chat-5/porsche-announces-two-limited-edtion-trimlines-6723/)

Patrick 09-10-2008 08:36 PM

Porsche Announces Two Limited Edtion Trimlines

Porsche perked the ears of enthusiasts around the world this week with the news of two limited edition trimlines for the 2009 model year. Available late in the 2008 year, the Porsche Cayman S Sport and Boxster S – Porsche Design Edition 2, with 700 Caymans and 500 Boxsters will offer a touch more power and unique styling additions. Hopeful owners can expect 50 limited edition Boxters to arrive to the United States, alongside around 100 of the beefed up Caymans.

Each of these new trimlines features the standard 3.4L engine, but each vehicle offers 303hp; 8 more than the current Cayman S and Boxster S. However, the appearance of these models is where they really stand out from the “S” versions of the same models.

The Cayman S Sport takes it design cues from the Porsche 911 GT3 R3, and although Black, Guards Red, Speed, Yellow, Arctic Silver, and Carrera White are optional, the featured colors are bright green and bright orange. The rest of the exterior trim is finished in black, from the mirrors and grille inserts to the interior to the 19” SportDesign wheels, and along the bottom of the sides the Cayman S logo is displayed proudly in black. Along with the extra 8 ponies, the Cayman S Sport also comes equipped with the Porsche Active Suspension Mgmt system sitting 10 inches lower than the S model, and the sport twin-chambered exhaust gives the car a nice acceleration tone.This sporty version of the Cayman S will set you back about $69,900, not including markup.

The Boxster S Design Edition 2 has far fewer options than the Cayman, but finished almost entirely in white, from the wheels to the body to the interior trim, this special edition Boxter has a classy look with the black leather interior standing out from the white trim. The interesting addition for Boxster owners is the Boxster S Porsche Design Edition 2 Chronograph, which is a gorgeous mens wristwatch from the Porsche Design Dashboard Collection. This special edition model has an MSRP of $66,900.

Lee Willis 08-20-2009 03:27 PM

That message was nearly a year old and sales have been pretty good on both. The most important point to me with that move was that with this Porsche moved these models above the 300 HP barrier, a psychological dividing line many people have between "powerful' and not powerful cars. A mere 8 HP didn't make an appreciable different in performance but being above the # certainly helped with image.
Much more important shortly thereafter was the availability of the PDK transmission, which dropped acceleration times quite a bit.

Stephan4 01-30-2011 12:48 PM

Hello, This is such a mind-blowing information on you have provided here.
Its too beneficial for me. I hope this will loved by all who land up here.
Keep sharing..thanks!!

hart123 02-18-2011 03:24 PM

Hi thank you so much for the valuable information i am sure it is going to be helpful for every one of us. thanks for update.

Cheap Porsche Online Store

Abbas 04-21-2011 02:13 PM

Most cars come with some tax on, if this is the case, then you have no worries as the tax goes with the car, not the person. so it will not need taxing again until it runs out. if it is new it will have a years tax arranged by your dealer.

Carlwright 10-19-2011 08:16 PM

Hello i liked this post & thank you so much for the valuable information !!!

George VIII. 11-30-2011 10:31 PM

PIWIS 2 Tester

Hi, anybody knows, if is a PIWIS 2 available on the market, and how much?
Even if I would have it, could I download the recent updates for it. I heard that Porsche updates every month. Thanks!

Jessyca 03-18-2012 12:57 PM

thank you so much for the valuable information.

easy web 06-06-2012 05:26 AM

If they also bought the coins, they were duped twice. But if they hold on to them long enough they will be worth something, archaeologists have found value in prehistoric garbage dumps.

CarrieRobb321 08-20-2012 04:33 AM

pontiac g8 review

I simply love this car. 6 liters of V8 muscle with a 6 speed and rear wheel drive. Interior is nicely laid out with more room inside than anything else in or near it's class. Fun to drive and gets lots of compliments. Sat radio, power everything, heated seats, DOD/AFM, factory 19" wheels, Leather seats, dual climate control
pontiac g8 review