Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   General Porsche Chat (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/general-porsche-chat-5/)
-   -   Porsche fights repair cost concerns with big warranty (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/general-porsche-chat-5/porsche-fights-repair-cost-concerns-big-warranty-6726/)

Patrick 09-11-2008 10:41 AM

Porsche fights repair cost concerns with big warranty

The slumping American economy has hit the domestic companies hard, but with less disposable income in a questionable economic market, high end companies are being hit as well. One of the biggest concern with buying a “foreign luxury car” has been the high price of repairs, but with the recent amendment to their Certified Pre-Owned vehicle plan, used Porsche buyers will have a few years worth of peace of mind.

The new plan for the Certified Pre-Owned Porsches now covers 2 years or 50,000 miles, and that covers all non-wear items (tires, brakes, clutches, scheduled maintenance are still the owners responsibility). The current coverage on all new Porsche models is a 4 year/50,000 mile, and if the CPO Porsche that someone purchases has some of the original warranty remaining, the 2 year/50,000 mile CPO warranty is added onto the existing coverage.

Porsches Pre-Owned sales have been growing gradually over the past few years, and with this recent announcement of the increased warranty coverage, the company expects CPO sales to continue to increase substantially. While it is likely that competitors will be quick to follow suit, BMW has taken a different approach to things with their bumper-to-bumper maintenance coverage, which includes virtually everything on the vehicle for the first few years, and that program also had a significant impact on sales and leases.

97_BoxPDR 05-02-2009 05:29 PM

Cpo:

This will certainly offer first-time porsche buyers a little piece of mind. however, have heard that said warranties represent one of the biggest profit margins for dealers. any idea of what these 2 yr warranties will cost -- as this should be weighed against the normal cost of repairs when considering purchase?

Lothar 06-06-2009 09:30 PM

I hope this is the right place to post

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I am new to Porsche's and to this forum. Ive read that maintenance is very expensive for Porsche's, but Ive never heard how much more expensive it is. Is it 2 or 3 times more to repair than an average car? I am looking into buying a Porsche 944. Thank you in advance for your reply.

Lee Willis 05-25-2010 04:12 PM

It's all relative: what is expensive? I think if you are worried about it, the answer is: too much, though. Keeping an older high mileage Porsche running is expensive compared to, say, keeping a Pontiac Solstice running.

A good general rule in my experience is that the cost of maintenance is about proportional to the relative cost of the car: a base Carrera costs about 2-3 times what a Pontiac sky costs, so assume it will cost about 2-3 times as much for service and maintenance. A PorscheTurbo costs about twice what a base Carrera does - it will cost roughly that much more in maintenance. The rule doesn't apply just to Porsches, either. My F430 costs about twice what a Carrera 4S goes for and i assume it will cost about twice as much to maintain.

Lee Willis 06-07-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by nick1985 (Post 25822)
Ya i too think that repair cost of Porsche car is too much.A normal person wont be able to bear it.So with good maintenance comes good looking car.

You are correct. A "normal" person -- someone with average income and inclination to spend on cars -- can't afford maintenance on a Porsche. But then they aren't aimed at normal cars so it works out.

Del-dom 01-28-2011 01:26 PM

Квартиры на с&

Помогите! Где можно снять квартиру на сутки в ярославле?

Del-dom 01-28-2011 01:48 PM

Квартиры на с&

Снять квартиру по суточно в Ярославле недорого?

Del-dom 01-28-2011 01:55 PM

Квартиры на с&

Часта приходится ездить в командировки, кто знает сколько сейчас стоит снять квартиру на сутки ну например в Ярославле ?

hart123 02-18-2011 03:17 PM

That is true i can't afford for the repair or maintains charges. so we need to have an insurance for the safer side.

Cheap Porsche Online Store

9972006 02-28-2011 12:00 PM

Good day all. Please excuse my ingnorance, I am new to the whole forum thing. I have a 997 4S and ABSOILUTLY LOVE IT. I wanted tohave a place to share my questions, issues and excitment for the brand.