Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/general-tech-27/)
-   -   paint (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/general-tech-27/paint-1724/)

mjl 04-26-2006 03:16 PM

paint

as a new member, i was surprised that in the 2 weeks or so that i asked a question, i got no responses??? what's up with that?

CTiggerPigglet 04-27-2006 07:32 AM

RE: paint

Hi Mjl, I'm sorry that you didn't get any answers to your question, but this forum doesn't have many regular members. Most members join, ask a question, maybe get an answer, then never log on again. (They don't seem to be bothered in helping out anybody else). (Ring any bells?)

I've just checked out your original post and I'm sorry but I can't help you with this problem. Swirl marks and scratch marks always show up alot on black cars it seems?

A little tip is, maybe you should have just introduced yourself in the new members section, then posted your question in one of the other sections (detailing or exterior). I would think that some people may not look in the new members section that often because they think it's just people saying hello and not asking questions.

While you're logged in, why not join in with one of the other posts? You don't have to be technically minded, just have an opinion, and lets face it, everyone has one of those! If every member did this more often, this forum wouldn't be so slow and less people would get bored of it!!! So what are you waiting for? Join in. (And that includes everyone reading this post!!)

PorscheDoc 04-27-2006 08:14 PM

Your original post was asking about some significant paint detailing. There are few people outside of the detailing business that could probably answer your questions. There are a ton of detailing boards out there, you don't need anything Porsche specific for that one. I usually try and answer most of the technical questions on a daily basis.

944Dream 04-28-2006 12:33 AM

Welcome to the forum MJL,
Sorry its taken so long for you to get some answers. Today I got a free sample of a new Turtle Wax product. I also own a black car, not nearly as nice as yours but a black Porsche nonetheless. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but when I do I will be writing a review on the product. I've been having trouble keeping mine clean for the simple fact that the weather up here in South Dakota has been insane, one day its about 80 degrees then a blizzard the next day. Look for my review in the next week or two. I'm taking leave before Iraq so I'm taking the Turtle Wax home and testing it on my girlfriends 96 Chevy Beretta, this should be a challenge for the product since the paint on my 944 is in great condition and hers is a bit rougher.

Best of luck and if you find another product that works well please share the info with the rest of us,
Again welcome to the forum,
Jake

jasonright 06-01-2012 02:10 PM

Various kind of paint available in market. Heat resistant paint is uniquely formulated to hold up against higher than usual temperatures. In most cases, regular paint quickly degrades and tarnishes when in high temperature conditions for extended time periods.