Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Intake, Headers and Exhaust (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-17/)
-   -   "Fabspeed Maxflo Generation-1" exhaust system (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/intake-headers-exhaust-17/fabspeed-maxflo-generation-1-exhaust-system-7897/)

Nilo Santos 04-17-2009 01:39 PM

"Fabspeed Maxflo Generation-1" exhaust system

There is a "Fabspeed Maxflo Generation-1" exhaust system available for a good price. Are these still worth buying?

What is the difference from the current model?

Thanks,
Nilo

PorscheDoc 04-20-2009 03:53 PM

For what model P-car?

Nilo Santos 04-21-2009 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc (Post 22854)
For what model P-car?

Hi Doc,

My car is a 2001 Twin Turbo 996 with Tiptronic automatic transmission.

Those previous "Fabspeed Maxflo Generation-1" exhaust systems have the 100 Cell Cats, and are reported to have some resonance at low RPM.

What would be a good price to pay?

Also on another topic - My radio display just went dead suddenly. The radio and everything still works and sounds fine. But the display is just totally dead & dark.

Any advice? - Radio model is the CR 220. - Car is 2001 Twin Turbo 996.

Thanks again.

Nilo

Nilo Santos 05-04-2009 03:12 AM

Twin Turbo 996 exhaust system

What brand and model is that? - Pls send me a link.

Thanks,
Nilo

PorscheDoc 05-04-2009 08:56 AM

The new Gen 3 fabspeed is a great unit, and does not have the resonance that the gen 1 and 2 mufflers did, and yes, they were hard to bear, especially with a Tip

Bopo 06-11-2009 04:02 PM

Just go on fab speed's website, and use the contact form, I'm sure they will be of better assistance, HTH.

k2we 07-11-2009 11:26 AM

Fabspeed exhaust.. Go for it..

I just replaced the exhaust on my '07 Targa 4 with the newest Fabspeed exhaust.I ordered the system late thursday and FedEx delivered it early Saturday!! I thought I could do it my self but ran into a problem right off the bat. The long vertical bolts that hold the muffler in place would not come out. They hit the body. I finally gave up and had R & D Auto in Albany, NY install it. They had to loosen the rear engine mounts and lower the engine almost 6" before they could get the bolts out. The rest of the installation went smooth. The system looks great and sounds fantastic. Under normal driving, you hear a much deeper soud but when you get on the gas, the sound is amazing... I'm very pleased.. The new mufflers are 1/2 the size of the factory ones and the dual tips look great..

I'm sure you will enjoy this system..

Steve in Saratoga Springs, NY

sam.mathew 09-19-2009 12:22 AM

My car is still in the garage i tried doing it but i was not sucessful. Soon to get my cars in next 2 days.

PorscheDoc 11-06-2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by k2we (Post 23463)
I just replaced the exhaust on my '07 Targa 4 with the newest Fabspeed exhaust.I ordered the system late thursday and FedEx delivered it early Saturday!! I thought I could do it my self but ran into a problem right off the bat. The long vertical bolts that hold the muffler in place would not come out. They hit the body. I finally gave up and had R & D Auto in Albany, NY install it. They had to loosen the rear engine mounts and lower the engine almost 6" before they could get the bolts out. The rest of the installation went smooth. The system looks great and sounds fantastic. Under normal driving, you hear a much deeper soud but when you get on the gas, the sound is amazing... I'm very pleased.. The new mufflers are 1/2 the size of the factory ones and the dual tips look great..

I'm sure you will enjoy this system..

Steve in Saratoga Springs, NY

Oh dear lord find another shop. You must remove the brackets the mufflers are attached to via those long bolts by undoing 3 nuts! Then once off the car you remove the bolts and transfer the mounts to the new cans! Lol, this is a very easy swap.