Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   port/polishing (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/port-polishing-2659/)

Panzer 01-11-2007 10:11 PM

port/polishing

I was thinking of going to a euro junk yard I know in my area and buying a 968 head, and I was wanting to also port and polish it and maybe sell it on ebay or put it on my 2.5 na 944. Are these compatable? Another question, what would be a good quality dremel to buy?

Lee Willis 01-12-2007 09:10 PM

RE: port/polishing

You're kidding, right? You don't know enough about the heads to know what fits what, yet you think you will know where and how much to port the heads, and where and how to polish them well. You don't know the least about grinders and polishers and think a Dremel is all you will need?

Panzer 01-13-2007 02:06 AM

thanks for the comment dick.

Panzer 01-13-2007 02:18 AM

Lee Willis, you know guys like you should be penciled in for a sudden visit from the angle of death. Maybe you should focus a little harder on the post and realize your the jackass. Remember things are'nt always what they seam to be. A 968 2.7 head will fit on a 2.5 block, you just need the intake and exhaust manifold. My main question really is just about what type of dremel toolsomeone would recomend for the port and polish job. Your the genius so what else do you need to port and polish a cylinder head?

Lee Willis 01-13-2007 09:58 PM

Well, it certainly seems that my original accessment -- that you are a moron -- is correct, because you certainly use language like one. You can't spell . . . ("Seam"?) and you can't post, since now you now claim your original question was not what you actually asked because you knew some of the answer already.

Regardless, yes, I am probably am a genius, I certainly have the track record to claim that, but regardless, I'm the one "tech certified" here because I do know the answers, including what type of tools are required to port and polish a head well (and they are not Dremel), and what knowledge is needed about what, where, and how much to remove, etc. in order to increase air flow but leave enough for thermal heat transfer, etc.

But I won't tell you. You are too rude and unworthy pal.

Panzer 01-14-2007 04:06 AM

ok sorry dude english is a second language to me, im native speaking german. I would like to know where you are certified, because I am currently training at UTI Porsche Technician Apprenticeship Program?

Panzer 01-14-2007 05:47 AM

The rate of heat transfer depends upon thetempature gradient and the thermal conductivity of the material, so how do youincorporate forthis when you port the intake or exhaust ports?