Go Back  Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums > Porsche Models > Porsche 356
Reload this Page >

My friend says there is only one gasoline engine in the world with MOVING, INTERNAL,

Porsche 356 The Porsche 356 was a sports car sold from 1948 through 1965, and was Porsche's first production automobile.

My friend says there is only one gasoline engine in the world with MOVING, INTERNAL,

Old 03-20-2016, 12:58 AM
Default My friend says there is only one gasoline engine in the world with MOVING, INTERNAL,

There is only one vehicle with a moving wooden part - the original
Volkswagen had push rods made of wood. There was a coating of aluminum over the wood to protect it from the elements. This was in place up to about 1953, when the standard 36 Horsepower engine was upgraded to to the 40. The pushrods were changed at that point since the wooden push rods were keyed so that they would not rotate. This caused them to wear more rapidly than the newer version, which had a larger surface area, and are offset, so that the rotation spins the pushrods, giving a distributed wear pattern. The wooden parts are extremely light, and very strong ( think of Howard Hughes famous Spruce Goose, made of wood, and then, the largest aircraft ever made ).
The Volkswagen was made by Ferdinand PORSCHE ( yes, 'that' Porsche - the prestigeous sportscar ). Porsche first designed the concept in 1930, started a prototype in 1931 for a motorcycle company, and eventually built production vehicles for Adolf Hilter.ATEQ VT55

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My friend says there is only one gasoline engine in the world with MOVING, INTERNAL,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.