Notices
Porsche 911 The Porsche 911 (and all it's trimlines) is a famous, distinctive and durable car has undergone continuous development since its arrival in 1964. The 911 was developed as a more powerful, larger, more comfortable replacement for the Porsche 356.

09 price negotiation

Old 08-10-2008, 05:52 AM
Default 09 price negotiation

Has anyone negotiated a price on an 09 yet ?

Just wondering if dealers are discounting.........

Also, does anyone have comments on the dealer actually charging for the destination cost ?

Old 08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Default RE: 09 price negotiation

I went into my dealer a bit over a week ago to talk about price and delivery for an 09 Carrera S with the PDK transmission. He had pricing and such. Not much flexibility though. He told me, and I verified the facts later, that this was the dealerhsip's best month ever, recession on not. He said they thought, new model with upgraded power and all, it would not be discounted much if at all anytime soon.

I never got down to brass tacks of actually pushing that statement, however, and trying to negotiate, because when I saw this absolute stunning beauty what became my Aston Martin several hours later, lurking there in the parking lot, I sort of changed my plans.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:52 PM

I'm the Sales Manager for a new Porsche Dealer in Destin, FL and I will tell you not to look for much if any discount. Porsche is not sending as many cars to the U.S. as last year. Plus the new carsare getting a lot of interest. Just get one you will love it!!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 AM

I live in northern NJ and I'm ready to order an '09Targa 4S for cash purchase. I understand that the '09's are just starting to trickle in and that I will have to wait several months for the car.I'm lucky in that there are numerous dealers within an hour of where I am. Can't I expect to be able to negotiate 6 to 8% off MSRP? The dealer would still be making ahealthy profit on the car. Will they really let me walk out the door, lose the saleand go to another dealer on a car that they can complete delivery on as soon as it arrives?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 PM

I am still waiting for my 09, dealer acknowleged he will negotiate, so we're still working thru
some stuff. Reality is Porsche is shipping less cars to the U.S. this year, and the new factlift model is in high demand, so at least for teh first few months, looks like any dealer can sell all they can get their hands on. That suggests not much discount as long as they have large demand

Maybe others have a different experience

Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 AM

You mentioned that Porsche is "shipping less cars to the U.S. this year". Just curious, what is your source for that information? Does anyone know if thatmeans they are shipping fewer 911s, or does that mostly have to do with the drop in demand for Cayennes? I would think at this point in timePorsche has notrue final decision regardinghow many 911s they will ship to the U.S for the 2009 model year. While they probably have some kind of "projection" or budget, I would think a lot of it will be based on dealer orders, most of which have not occured. One would think that2009U.S. 911 sales would go up due to the facelift, but that would be offset by the weak economy and sluggish car sales in general. No doubt Porsche has analysts that do their best to project this. But does the 911 assembly plant generally run at 100% capacity? Given the facelift and the fact that it is early in the model year and the 2009s are just starting to trickle in, I guess it is not surprising that demand is currently keeping pace with supply, and that right now the dealers will probably take every 911 they can get, and that there is probably sufficient demand for each unit so that they can hold out for close to MSRP. But I am thinking (and hoping) that after the next 60-90 days, the supply-demand equation will be back to normal, and most of us will be able to negotiate what seems to be the usual 7-9% off MSRP. Fortunately I have the option of waiting so I can hopefully avoid getting ripped off. I would love to hear other comments and opinions.