Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche 911 (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-911-8/)
-   -   OIL CONSUMPTION (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-911-8/oil-consumption-4452/)

app1nag 10-15-2007 11:12 AM

OIL CONSUMPTION

bought a CPO 2003 C4S in June 07...was told at the time that I would need to add 1 QT of oil every thousand miles...just this week I needed to add 1.5 QTS after only 945 miles. I DO NOT beat the car at all. Is this normal? Car is still under Certified warranty so I will certainly go back to the dealer if there is something wrong here........thanks !!!

ladams1 10-15-2007 11:58 AM

RE: OIL CONSUMPTION

No, I own add 1/2 qrtof oil a year if any.

Does not sound normal to me.

Lee

app1nag 10-15-2007 01:02 PM

Lee---dealer tells me it's in the owner's manual and is expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With regards to the oil consumption, there is no specific guideline, depends on driving habits and usage. The rule of thumb is 1 liter for every 1000 kilometers (approximately 600 miles).

It is mentioned on page 14 of your owners manual. If you have any other questions, let me know.

lemon.lib 10-16-2007 12:26 AM

if it doesnt leak oil ..its not a porsche...sorry but thats just ther real truth...

Lemon

app1nag 10-16-2007 08:38 AM

I can accept that as long as I know it's normal...

ladams1 10-18-2007 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: app1nag

Lee---dealer tells me it's in the owner's manual and is expected.

With regards to the oil consumption, there is no specific guideline, depends on driving habits and usage. The rule of thumb is 1 liter for every 1000 kilometers (approximately 600 miles).

It is mentioned on page 14 of your owners manual. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Okay I stand corrected. I must drive too slowly or not enough miles per year. I just never putoil in my 1999 911CAB. I just had my oil changed once a year. When I changed the oil I would ask how the level is ans it was down a little. Iguess I was lucky. I never had oil leakage either. Charmed life :)

Glad you told me because my 2007 Porsche I just bought may have some oil consumption.I will at least check it. I never do check oil or air pressure on cars. I am bad about that, lazyI guess :) I used to check tire pressure every six months, I am now doing every month.

Thanks for letting me know.

Lee

Lee Willis 10-18-2007 05:53 PM

As far as I can determine mine uses no oil at oil and I check it often. On the other hand it has never gone more than 5000 miles between oil changes so I haven't given any extended period to really test its consumption.