Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche 924 (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-924-12/)
-   -   porsche 924 carb (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-924-12/porsche-924-carb-2245/)

Brett 10-06-2006 03:25 AM

porsche 924 carb

i just got a 79 porsche 924 and i has a duel carberator set up on it. I am not sure how to hook it up to make them work

krandall87 01-21-2007 11:42 PM

RE: porsche 924 carb

Sorry I cant answer your question but I got a 1982 924 and do you know where I could find an intake manifold for a carb setup with the carbs too?

ESCCATA 04-03-2007 09:54 AM

I HAVE AN 924 2.0 1982 , WITH CARB .... IT DON'T WORK ,I DON'T KNOW WHAI...

ugly77 11-17-2007 03:20 AM

ORIGINAL: krandall87

Sorry I cant answer your question but I got a 1982 924 and do you know where I could find an intake manifold for a carb setup with the carbs too?
try www.piercemanifolds.com look for kit = K294

D Hook 11-17-2007 08:10 AM

Go to www.924board.org and do a search or check the FAQ. A few have switched to carbs and some have done some EFI work and have been very successful but be ready to do some fabrication or pay to have someone do it.

The CIS can be very reliable, once tuned. But if you aren't sure how to do it, you need a Haynes manual, at the least, or the Bosch tuning book for CIS. The most important thing to check is vaccum hoses. You need to replace them and make sure you have NO vaccum leaks before doing anything with the CIS because unmetered air will upset the balance. If you haven't replaced the large boots that go from the metering head to the intake manifold, you might want to considerit. My largest problem came from those boots having cracks around the area that clamps to the metal frombeing taken on and off over the years. Then replace every vaccum line you can.

A fuel pressure gauge setup is essential to trouble shooting the CIS system due to the system pressures needed to operate correctly and determine if the pump(s) is delivering or if the Warm Up Regulator (WUR) is working correctly. A bad WUR usually results in hard starting, rough running at start up and then dies. It will repeat this until you can feather the throttle enough to keep the car running for the few minutes it takes to warm up. Then it will usually smooth out.

In addition, there is an Auxillary Air Valve and Cold Start Switch that must be working correctly and you must have a good battery/charging system for those to work correctly because they use bi-metal sensors that must heat up properly to tell them when to turn on/off.

The fuel pressure tester is available at JC Whitney for about $60.

After getting my CIS working properly, I can let the car sit for 6 months (stabilize the fuel), put the battery in it and it starts right up every time.

Good luck.