Notices
Porsche 944 The Porsche 944 and 944 Turbo was a huge success for Porsche throughout the 1980s.

Colorado Porsche breakfast car meet

Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Default Colorado Porsche breakfast car meet

Grady Clay and I (Roger Buswell) would like to invite all the Colorado Porsche Forum Enthusiasts guys and gals to our second monthly Porsche owner/enthusiast breakfast that will take place as follows:

Date: Saturday, March 8th

Time: 7 AM to 9 AM (or whenever we quit talking about our cars)

Place: Village Inn Restaurant, 4100 E. Mexico Avenue, Denver, CO; Southwest corner of the Best Buy shopping complex, Colorado Blvd. and Mexico Ave., I-25 & Colorado Blvd. exit north to Mexico, east to first entrance into the parking lot.

Who should attend: Anyone who would like to hang out, learn more about and trade stories and tall tales about the finest automobiles ever built, Porsche. Spouses and children are welcome although keep in mind that the conversation and language may hover around PG-13 at times. Please bring friends!

What to bring: Meals are Dutch treat and the restaurant will provide separate checks. Drive one of your Porsches if the weather permits and it isn’t in a million pieces like mine is right now. If you have any snapshots, books, Porsche bits and pieces or other stuff you’d like to “show and tell” please feel free. A digital camera or video camera may be fun too.

For those of you who were unaware that there even was a first breakfast meeting on Feb. 2nd, we apologize. We wanted to start out with a smaller email list to see if we had anything worth pursuing. The total invite list was about 500 people. We think this can be big and therefore fun so now we’re putting it out to the multitudes. If you know someone who should be on the list, PLEASE, send me their contact information and I will be delighted to add them.

Here’s some info on our first breakfast. As you may recall, Feb. 2nd saw cold and snow over night in Denver so it was a bit slick. Many people showed up promptly at 7 AM anyway and we still had 19 total attend in spite of the weather. There were only two Porsches in attendance, both 356s. The rest of us were chicken. Several of the attendees had not seen each other in over twenty years. There were some absolutely fabulous stories and funny jokes told. There were a few well known Porsche people in addition to Grady Clay. Frank Barrett and Jim Kellogg got to catch up on old times and King and Carol Clemons drove their famous old 356 with 790,000 miles on the odometer all the way from Ft. Collins. King and Carol have a 1968 911 soft-window Targa for sale and it was pretty comical how King could work the car into any conversation. There were several items for show and tell such as car log books and pictures, old Porsche posters, a wheel from a 917, a brake fan / wheel cover from a 962, and an old newsletter or two. Grady gave away a rare circa 1970s Rennenhaus poster as a door prize, that one of the young guys was delighted to win.

The morning was very entertaining and many who attended plan to bring friends to the next breakfast we host. One attendee thought he could bring at least five friends next time, if you can imagine that. The Village Inn manager was very accommodating and seemed to revel in the unusual group of car nuts who had overrun his place with loud, jovial conversation. We didn’t leave the restaurant until almost 10 AM.

What is our vision for the breakfast get togethers? We have a vision of at least fifty Porsche guys and gals per future monthly meeting, all with their cars to ogle and drool over after the bacon and eggs. We have the famous Bob’s Big Boy car meet in North Hollywood, CA as our model. Of course, those guys are crazy and meet nearly every evening and bring all kinds of cars; hot rods to sports cars to vintage collectables. Of course, we’re only focusing on Porsche enthusiasts but that doesn’t mean that other cars and their owners aren’t welcome. The more the merrier!

The Village Inn where we currently meet will go through an extensive renovation starting on March 15th and lasting about six weeks so we will select a different place nearby for the April meeting. They will be one of the first restaurants to have the new motif, uniforms and menu that will be co-branded with Starbucks. It sounds like it will be very nice. It will also have a killer Wi-Fi setup so we can log in to the forum, Rennlist, Pelican etc. or other fun websites if you want to bring your laptop after April.

And now for some housekeeping issues. These breakfast events or any spin-offs that may result are not endorsed, sanctioned or related in any way to Porsche NA, any local, regional or national car clubs, any businesses or organizations. It is a grass-roots opportunity for car owners and enthusiasts to get together and meet each other in a non-threatening and nurturing atmosphere. Anyone hoping for cliquishness or exclusiveness probably should sleep in.

Since there are many concerns about security and we want to be sure that no one is left in (or out if that’s their preference), we need to ask you to communicate with us. I use a very good email communication system to send emails to my clients that meets all the email marketing association rules for safety and privacy. Even though each of these emails includes a safe and easy way to opt out of future emailings, it may be helpful for everyone who wants to be included on the list to write me an email asking to “opt in” (be added to the list). I need your real first and last name, your forum handle, your best phone number and your best email address. An RSVP for March 8th would be nice. Letting us know what car or cars you own would be great as well.

Of course, if you’ve already received the direct email from me and have responded back, you don’t need to do it again.

My name again is Roger Buswell and my best email address is roger@rogerbuswell.com . Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on the 8th.