Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche 944 (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-944-9/)
-   -   Switch missing (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-944-9/switch-missing-2469/)

Skywalker 12-05-2006 05:10 PM

Switch missing

hey guys, just brought a 944 and ive got a gap in my center console. next to the gear stick ive got a electric sunroof switch to the right of it and to the left ive got the gap. what switch should go in there?

cheers

luke

PorscheDoc 12-05-2006 06:53 PM

RE: Switch missing

Might not have any switches. Usually a few of them are blank, but there should at least be a plug there.

For the late model cars, some of the switches are:
Sunroof
Central locking (red round light on it)
Mirror selector
Rear Wiper motor
Fader Switch

Skywalker 12-05-2006 08:11 PM

sorry forgot to mention, my car is just a 944 on a 1984 plate. Ive got a sunroof, mirror selector and fader switch and I havent got central locking, so I guess it must be either a rear wiper switch or maybe the tailgate release switch as i cant find that either unless you know where that is. I need to get a manual for this car.

Skywalker 12-05-2006 09:49 PM

na, there isnt even a blank plate, what have you got in your left hand switch? I might as well put a boot release switch there as i can find the existing one.

CTiggerPigglet 12-06-2006 07:36 AM

What type of dashboard shape have you got in your 944? (i.e. late Oval or early square?)

The boot/trunk release button should be in the right hand footwell.

PorscheDoc 12-06-2006 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: CTiggerPigglet

What type of dashboard shape have you got in your 944? (i.e. late Oval or early square?)

The boot/trunk release button should be in the right hand footwell.

Haha, only for you backwards brits!

errr maybe we are the backwards ones :D

Skywalker 12-06-2006 09:41 PM

ive got the crap square dash, oh and ive found the boot release cheers. its been dark and drizzly so i couldnt see it under there ha ha bloody british weather
luke

CTiggerPigglet 12-07-2006 07:27 AM

Oh, I'm not to familiar with the square dash models centre console, so I'm not sure what button you may be missing. [&o]

I thought you may be from the U.K. when you called the rear hatch a boot, not a trunk. (Backward brit's for ya!):D

What part of the U.K. are you based? I'm in the Birmingham area.

Are you a member of any Porsche clubs?

May the force be with you.....[sm=vader.gif]

PorscheDoc 12-07-2006 11:24 AM

I've been trying to find a picture of an interior. I have a freind who has a mint 84, so he would have the same stuff, and I know I have pictures of the interior.....i just cant seem to locate them.....i'll keep looking.

Skywalker 12-07-2006 01:32 PM

haha yeah i live in Southampton. Ive only just brought the 944 off ebay for £400, so I got myself a bargin. Engine has been totally rebuilt from shells to rings, so thats mint. As for the electrical side of things, its just stuff like wipers, washers, rev counter, speedometer etc that needs doin. Should be able to give it an MOT in a month or two. Paint work has had it but give me time.

What Porsche club are you a member of? What do you get out of it? I wana join one, its just getting round to it:D

Oh and the misses didnt piss herself, so I guess its the battery box hahaha:D