Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche Boxster (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-boxster-11/)
-   -   looking to buy a boxter (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-boxster-11/looking-buy-boxter-226/)

speedfreak 09-16-2004 11:22 AM

looking to buy a boxter

hi
I am looking at buying a boxter.I am looking at a 2002/2003 model.Are there any problems with these models.what should I pay for this model.

thank u

speedfreak

brianboxters 01-31-2005 01:36 AM

RE: looking to buy a boxter

I have a 2000 boxter S and love it
I dont drive it everyday but its great for weekend trips etc and very quick
I would get the S it has 3.2 and more ponys...

porscheturbo944 04-03-2005 10:17 PM

ya heres a suggestion...dont buy a boxter, lol they are crap cars, if u wanna get a nice car get a carrera or sumthin, and if u cant afford it, than go for a bmw or something

namisofiT 04-04-2005 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: porscheturbo944

ya heres a suggestion...dont buy a boxter, lol they are crap cars, if u wanna get a nice car get a carrera or sumthin, and if u cant afford it, than go for a bmw or something
I read your bash on the Cayenne over on the Cayenne forum, and thought that you just had something against SUV's. Now I see that you are just a troll that doesn't know how to form a complete sentence or use the caps key.

Please just go away.

porscheturbo944 04-04-2005 06:55 PM

ur right i do have beef with SUV's, i just moved to the US after 10 years in germany, and americans buy these huge cars for nothing and destroy the enviroment with them (not so much the cayenne though because its smaller i think they refer to them as SUT's like the bmw X5 and X3) even so, honestly i read ur response to the cayenne board, and i do agree that it makes sense market wise, but i still think they trash the porsche name just like the lamborghini lm002 (one could argue though that they were into offroad vehicles before though because they started out as a tractor company) even so i think they are both a waiste, but if thats wat it takes to keep car companies such as porsche alive than by all means they should continue building them. in response to the boxter, i just think its a waiste of money, in germany they refer to them as "anfenger autos" which means begginer cars. i think if someone wants to spend that kinda money on a car they should go out and buy a BMW or something instead. i think i have a right to dislike any car i want, and i think its kinda stupid for u to attack my grammar considering english isnt even my first language but my lazyness contributes to it too :D.

PS. the toureg is pretty nice for the price a friend of mine has one and loves it

namisofiT 04-05-2005 10:05 AM

ur right i do have beef with SUV's, i just moved to the US after 10 years in germany, and americans buy these huge cars for nothing and destroy the enviroment with them (not so much the cayenne though because its smaller i think they refer to them as SUT's like the bmw X5 and X3) even so, honestly i read ur response to the cayenne board, and i do agree that it makes sense market wise, but i still think they trash the porsche name just like the lamborghini lm002 (one could argue though that they were into offroad vehicles before though because they started out as a tractor company) even so i think they are both a waiste, but if thats wat it takes to keep car companies such as porsche alive than by all means they should continue building them. in response to the boxter, i just think its a waiste of money, in germany they refer to them as "anfenger autos" which means begginer cars. i think if someone wants to spend that kinda money on a car they should go out and buy a BMW or something instead. i think i have a right to dislike any car i want, and i think its kinda stupid for u to attack my grammar considering english isnt even my first language but my lazyness contributes to it too :D.

PS. the toureg is pretty nice for the price a friend of mine has one and loves it
How does an SUV destroy the environment? Mine gets around 20mpg, and I need it due to work requirements (hauling around files and evidence/exemplars) and life/hobbies. How does it destroy the environment any more than a Porsche sports car that may get the same mileage? Do you really need your Porsche? If you cared about the environment so much maybe you should be driving an electric car, riding a bicycle, or using mass transit (if it is available to you as an option where you live).

How are Boxsters a waste of money or "beginner cars"? Have you ever driven a Boxster? They handle great, and the "S" has loads of power and torque. It would run circles around a unmodified 944 turbo. If you start modifying both cars to equal HP values, the Boxster is still going to have an advantage as it has almost the same balance, in a more modern chassis, with the weight located centrally verses at the outer edges. Now, the Boxster will lose out to the 951, in my opinion, in regards to utility and passenger carrying ability.........................the 951 has a hatch for carrying a lot of stuff, especially with the rear seat folded down, and the 951 has a rear seat for carrying small people or children. But still, all things equal, if I could pick if a nice 951 for 10grand or a nice boxster S for 10grand (not likely at this time), I would take the Boxster S any day of the week.

As far as English being your second language, I am not certain of that. I know many Germans that have English as a second language, and they use punctuation and spelling rules better than most people who were raised with English as a first language. As far as me being "stupid for attacking your grammar", don't you think that your posts here and on the Cayenne forum were inflammatory in nature?

[:-] Not only did you insult Boxster owners right off the bat by calling their cars "crap", you insinuated that they purchased their crap cars due to a less than desirable financial situation.

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

porscheturbo944 04-05-2005 05:30 PM

lets start out with the enviroment, i have noticed (and this is a observation its not based on numbers off a website only from what i have seen where i live) that people here drive these obnoxiously large cars for no reason, i have a SUV that i use to pull my trailor for motocross races , i find that people who are financially capable to own other cars (EASILY) drive around to do random chores that dont even require an SUV such as dropping ur kid off at school. i just find this to be kind of stupid.

as for the boxters, yes i have driven one, its nice, but i would still take a bmw over it anyday, plus i have no intent on racing the 944, and to be quite honest i dont care if a boxter could kick its butt because the car has a sentimental value has nothing to do with speed or horsepower even though id like to improve it abit because its gotten allittle slouchy over the years and i have noticed there should be a couple of changes made to it (such as the shifter which im lookin into thanx alot for the comment on that i found a place that will look into it further because i dont have time to tear the car apart).

i agree i have been pretty inflamitory and i plan to tone it down quite abit (i still stand by what i have said though but i do agree it was rude). if u want to attack people, attack the comments on the cars instead of being a cheap shot and coming after the way they write.

namisofiT 04-05-2005 06:49 PM

i agree i have been pretty inflamitory and i plan to tone it down quite abit (i still stand by what i have said though but i do agree it was rude).
Fair enough.

if u want to attack people, attack the comments on the cars instead of being a cheap shot and coming after the way they write.
Well, unfortunately, on an internet forum, all we have to go by is the way that people write. If you don't use proper punctuation, cap letters, etc, and then couple that with inflammatory remarks, you should expect to be called a troll. We'll just agree to disagree on the Cayenne and Boxster and move forward. I won't call you a troll and make fun of your poor grammar if you don't flame people, their financial situations, or their choice of car.

Peace.:)

PorscheTech101 04-06-2005 01:30 AM

The only real problem is the rear main seal. They tend to leak. Look under the car, have the dealership put it on a lift for your inspection. If they have nothing to hide, it should not be a big deal.

cdncayman 11-16-2005 12:56 AM

Hi, another newbie here.

As soon as my current lease is over, I plan to trade for a Boxster with a Tiptronic (a crime, I know).

I just love the new Cayman but I think i'll let someone else eat the first year or two of depreciation.

Steve

http://www.mcnallycga.com