Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche Boxster (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-boxster-11/)
-   -   RS60 Spyder anyone? (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-boxster-11/rs60-spyder-anyone-5177/)

BartMack 02-11-2008 07:57 PM

RS60 Spyder anyone?

New to the Porsche world.... but I've ordered an RS60 Spyder, June build, July delivery to the east coast US..

I went with the red top & interior, and the only option I added was the Bose surround sound, since IMO the car is nearly perfectly specced from the start!

Any other prospective RS60 Spyder owners out there?

BartMack 02-13-2008 10:35 PM

RE: RS60 Spyder anyone?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Porsche!

Yeah that RS60 Spyder is one hot mama. You won't regret getting that for sure! Plus you'll have all these highly sociable Porsche fans to share your experience with!! (they're a great group)

I especially like the GT Silver, it's a spectacular color. With the sport exhaust and PASM you'll find that it takes to the track like a birthright. Ever tracked a car before (autox or track day)-? I read it has a short shifter bundled as standard. A tempting package for sure- trying to reproduce that car with the configurator would cost well into the 70s, and you still couldn't do it exactly. Sweet choice.

The launch cars should be out March 15, I plan to drop by and have a look in person myself.

Anywho, welcome aboard!

BartMack 02-13-2008 10:37 PM

Hey BartMack...! Your name sounds familiar- have I seen you around a ton of other car sites?

What did you trade/sell to get the RS60?

BartMack 02-13-2008 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: BartMack

Welcome to the wonderful world of Porsche!

Yeah that RS60 Spyder is one hot mama. You won't regret getting that for sure! Plus you'll have all these highly sociable Porsche fans to share your experience with!! (they're a great group)

I especially like the GT Silver, it's a spectacular color. With the sport exhaust and PASM you'll find that it takes to the track like a birthright. Ever tracked a car before (autox or track day)-? I read it has a short shifter bundled as standard. A tempting package for sure- trying to reproduce that car with the configurator would cost well into the 70s, and you still couldn't do it exactly. Sweet choice.

The launch cars should be out March 15, I plan to drop by and have a look in person myself.

Anywho, welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome! And here I was thinking that Porsche guys were a bunch of asshat pricks. (Not that I'm not used to that coming from the BMW side of things lolcats) ... but it's kool to know i WUZ WRONG.

I test drove a GT orange special edition Box S and friggin loved it. I was tempted to buy it on the spot, but when I learned the RS60 was within financial reach, I was willing to wait 6 months to get it. I usually order my cars, but that's a looooong time to wait for one.... kind of maddening actually.

BartMack 02-13-2008 10:49 PM

Hey BartMack...! Your name sounds familiar- have I seen you around a ton of other car sites?

What did you trade/sell to get the RS60?
I've had 4 MINI Coopers since 02, been involved with that goup a lot... been to the Dragon (US129) four years running now. WHAT a blast. I just sold my last Cooper S and I still have a BMW 335i Coupe 6mt that I'm trading in when the RS60 gets here in July.

Jalopnik is kinda kool too, in terms of teh internets blogs, but the cotomer sevis sucks.

BartMack 02-13-2008 10:51 PM

Welcome BartMack!

(it's good to see that you can entertain yourself, you'll be needing that on this forum....)

BartMack 02-13-2008 11:01 PM

Welcome BartMack!

(it's good to see that you can entertain yourself, you'll be needing that on this forum....)
Thanks man.... yeah, it does seem kind of anticlimaticlly oriented, doesn't it?? :eek:

BartMack 02-13-2008 11:06 PM

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I have an 01 Boxster and my windshield wipers just quit, anyone else have this happen??

BartMack 02-13-2008 11:08 PM

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I have an 01 Boxster and my windshield wipers just quit, anyone else have this happen??
Try doing a SEARCH! You'll find this topic has been covered several times!!

BartMack 02-13-2008 11:09 PM

Did you check the fuse?