Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

Cayenne Hybrid SUCKS! DO NOT BUY IT, it's full of problems they can't fix!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Default Cayenne Hybrid SUCKS! DO NOT BUY IT, it's full of problems they can't fix!

Dear All,
I have recently purchased a 2012 Cayenne Hybrid. The car has a sticker price of over $96,000.00 and There is nothing but problems after problems.

1- The transmission has serious issues when driving on 5th gear and 8th gear, when the RPM hits around 1800 the car started to have this low pulsing drone noise. This usually happen around 35-40 MPH and between 70-80mph.
2- when the car warmed up in city driving, you can actually feel like someone bumped you from behind when the car shifts from 3rd gear down to 2nd gear when approaching a stop sign.

I have reported this problem to my dealer Porsche of Fairfield and they have no idea on how to fix this problem other than changing a TCU. After the TCU was replaced it was still doing the same thing.
They reported the problem to PNA district service technician name RON HERRICK and Ron said everything is normal just like other cars, it suppose to make that droning noise.

ARE YOUR F*&king KIDDING ME? I ask them to put it down in writing and so far they have not show me anything yet.

3- On one of the coldest night here in New York, my wife and I went out to a restaurant and as I roll down the window to check my parking, the window gear motor and the actuator broke. We had to cancel dinner and go home while the next day at 18 degree weather I had to drive 65 miles to go back to Porsche of Fairfield with my window down.

There are a only a few things in my life that I regret, buying a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid is definitely on the top of that list.

Please tell your friends, DO NOT BUY A CAYENNE HYBRID and DON'T GET YOUR CAR SERVICE AT PORSCHE OF FAIRFIELD! you don't want to make the same mistake I did.

I have purchased www.cayennehybridsucks.com and will be posting video of this piece of crap soon.
Stay tuned!
Thanks for reading.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:00 AM

have u solved it?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sherry Liu
have u solved it?
Nope, they say it is normal, end of story! I ask them to put it in writing and porsche north America would not do it.