Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche Cayenne (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-10/)
-   -   Cayenne or Lexus RX330? (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-10/cayenne-lexus-rx330-10323/)

shvr007 07-24-2011 02:54 PM

Cayenne or Lexus RX330?

First off, I recognise that this question may not be the most accurate as Lexus RX330 and Cayenne are clearly not in the same category; but would appreciate thoughts and facts based on your real time Cayenne ownership experience.

As most of us would agree, Porsche is all about the Brand. And if not all, most of you have bought a Porsche as, by default, it commands a second look and raises eyebrows among friends & enemies.

I am fairly financially stable guy who will be streching to buy a used Porsche Cayenne. Until recently, I was considering buying a used Lexus RX330 but knowing that if I streched a little, I could afford a 2008/2009 Cayenne V6, am considering it seriously.

I know maintaining a used Lexus RX330 is like maintaining a Toyota - maintenance is cheap, resale value is good and ofcourse the RX330 is dependable. What I really would like to learn is what I am signing up by going for a used Cayenne V6 - Am I going to bury myself in too high maintenance costs, especially since I am planning on a 3-4 years old Cayenne (assume 60K miles)? What kind of costs should I expect on a 60K miles Cayenne V6?

And, lastly, are there any of you who would advise me to not consider Cayenne V6, but go with Lexus RX330.

CayenneS88 10-30-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by shvr007 (Post 28055)
First off, I recognise that this question may not be the most accurate as Lexus RX330 and Cayenne are clearly not in the same category; but would appreciate thoughts and facts based on your real time Cayenne ownership experience.

As most of us would agree, Porsche is all about the Brand. And if not all, most of you have bought a Porsche as, by default, it commands a second look and raises eyebrows among friends & enemies.

I am fairly financially stable guy who will be streching to buy a used Porsche Cayenne. Until recently, I was considering buying a used Lexus RX330 but knowing that if I streched a little, I could afford a 2008/2009 Cayenne V6, am considering it seriously.

I know maintaining a used Lexus RX330 is like maintaining a Toyota - maintenance is cheap, resale value is good and ofcourse the RX330 is dependable. What I really would like to learn is what I am signing up by going for a used Cayenne V6 - Am I going to bury myself in too high maintenance costs, especially since I am planning on a 3-4 years old Cayenne (assume 60K miles)? What kind of costs should I expect on a 60K miles Cayenne V6?

And, lastly, are there any of you who would advise me to not consider Cayenne V6, but go with Lexus RX330.

As a Porsche Cayenne owner I would not recommend a Cayenne that has already 60 k miles on it. While the Porsche is a nice car to drive it is not reliable and maintenance and repair cost is extremely high. I own a 2004 Cayenne S and during my 8 years of ownership I have spent close to $15k in maintenance and repairs. Even during the warranty period I had at least 10 issues with the car.