Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche Cayenne (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-10/)
-   -   Newbie Mercedes Owner - Considering Cayenne (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-10/newbie-mercedes-owner-considering-cayenne-5930/)

britrover 05-06-2008 07:04 PM

Newbie Mercedes Owner - Considering Cayenne

Hello,Porsche Enthusiast Forummembers! I am a newbie here, and judging from the title, you can see I'm new to the Cayenne. We test drove a 2004 Cayenne S and really liked the car; I do have some questions as I have never owned a Porsche.

Is 2004 a better year for the Cayenne S over the 2003?
What are some of the issues / bugs with the Cayenne that I should have checked or look out for?
Do the rear seats completely fold down flat in the Cayenne? We tried to play around with the rear seats but were not able to get them flat and the salesperson didn’t know much about the Cayenne.
Another car on our shopping list is the 04-05 BMW X5 4.4i. I know this a Porsche forum but how does the Cayenne S fair up against the 4.4i.
Do the 04 models have an option for integrating the iPod, Bluetooth functionality or any integrated phone options? [/ol]
Cheers

britrover 05-06-2008 07:35 PM

RE: Newbie Mercedes Owner - Considering Cayenne

Wow....not many people have any positive feedback on the Cayenne. The good - looks like lot of NC people here like me....The bad - I am nervous about considering the Cayenne and maybe need to looks at the X5 4.4i or 4.8 seriously now.

Hot911TT 05-06-2008 08:05 PM

My boss drives an 04 Cayenne S and has had it since it was new. He absolutely loves it. He's driven it on several cross country trips, has a couple of kids and he said it's bullet proof. It's also blazing fast for an SUV.

cmilam 05-06-2008 08:41 PM

Sounds like you already made up your mind. The Cayenne is an amazing SUV with many more positives than negatives. Good luck with your search. BTW go on the bimmer forums and you'll find a lot of negative posts as well.

russo 05-06-2008 10:35 PM

Go for the Cayenne you will not regret it. I owned a 2004S and currently own a 2007 Turbo. If you can afford it step up to the Turbo. I am not an SUV fan, more of a 911 nut, but I sure like the Cayenne S and the Turbo is twice the fun. I hope this helps.

Big Bob 05-07-2008 04:41 AM

However before making the final decision, check out the Mercedes ML420CDI. Regards Big Bob

Hot911TT 05-07-2008 08:52 AM

I think he's going for the bimmer.

Big Bob 05-07-2008 09:47 AM

Ni I'm sure he would not be so foolish! BB

Hot911TT 05-07-2008 10:36 AM

I think so........"looks at the X5 4.4i or 4.8 seriously now"

cmilam 05-07-2008 01:55 PM

I agree, but I'd get the Cayenne...for sure