Notices
Porsche Cayenne The Porsche Cayenne is an SUV made by Porsche since 2002.

05 cayenne speedo not working and psm codes

Old 12-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Default 05 cayenne speedo not working and psm codes

SEARCH IN THE CURRENT

AND SHOW ME
  • So my buddy has an 05 cayenne that failed inspection because the speedo isnt working. It also has a bunch of codes and electrical issues as well as the battery was junk so i replaced the battery. Still bunch of codes but Ill stick to the ones i think are related;
    P0503- vehicle speed sensor signal psm/asr no signal
    U0129- communication psm control unit no signal
    P1606- communicatio psm control unit signal implausible
    U0104- transmission control unit fault signal implausible These last two maybe maybe not related to speedo or psm
    P1613- gateway communication (can drive) signal implausible
    P1614 communication steering wheel electronics (can drive) signal implausible (I pressed the volume up button on the steering wheel and it worked.)
    Now the weird thing is there is no psm lights on the dash lit up. When i press the psm off button the light doesnt come on and nothing on the instrument cluster. The dial in the center console to put in 4x4 isnt working and he said its stuck in 4x4.
    The ABS light is on as well as flashing red brake light i changed the first fuse in the forth row in the passenger side fuse box but no changes. Also the front left brake pad wear sensor isnt in the brake pad, and two wires coming from that pad wear sensor are broke, but no lights on the instrument cluster for it.
    Also on the dash it says something like brake proportion warning? And something like ignition lock i think? At first he had trouble getting the key out, but i had no problems n i took it out a few times.
    I have no idea where to go from here and i hate just throwing parts at cars. I read it could be a bad alternator (but i had it running for couple hours and there was no drop in the voltage gauge or warning light. Or it could be a bad speed sensor at the transmission?
    Sorry for such a long post, i just wanted to give as much info as i could. Im just so stuck at this point and dont know what to do next aside from throwing parts at it but i hate doing that blindly without testing things. Also it's tough because he's like 45mins away from me and it took the car off the road a few months ago, and just now had me come look at it