Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche Cayman S (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayman-s-36/)
-   -   What options did you select on the Cayman? (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/porsche-cayman-s-36/what-options-did-you-select-cayman-1246/)

pitbul 11-29-2005 01:00 AM

What options did you select on the Cayman?

Hi, I have been driving Porsches since 1985. I have been driving 911s since 1992. I currently have a 997 S Cabriolet;however, I am selling it now. I ordered the new Cayman S and I am excited to drive this automobile. I have seen it in person and the lines and curves are beautiful. I have a very good friend who races 911s and he drove the Cayman S on the VIR and claims that it is the future of Porsche sales. He too is selling his 911S coupe to purchase a Cayman S. He plans to install a 997S motor in the car. If you too have ordered a Cayman S then let's hear from you and the options that you chose. Thanks in advance.
Gordy,

PorscheDoc 11-29-2005 11:09 AM

RE: What options did you select on the Cayman?

Don't think there are many cayman owners on here, or future cayman owners i should say. Beautiful looking car though, I can't wait to get one in the shop and start modding it :D Suppose to be one of the best cornering Porsches in many many years. Hopefully they won't have the first year bugs like they did with the Cayenne, but that is probably inevitable with any 1st year model car.

wouter 12-06-2005 08:17 AM

The Porsche website is greaet if you have broadband especially. It's fun to watch the marketing movies and see what the cayman is like on screen at least. You can configure your porsche on the site and while the website is not functioning properly yet (you can add but not substract options all that well) It gives you a good idea how fast the options add up. I went with the chrono, rear view mirror dimmer, full brown leather interior and some other things and mine came out at 66k already without any dealer prep, S&H or tax, so it will be 75k if I go for it.

944Dream 12-07-2005 01:15 AM

I built one that came up to about that but apparently they won't finance a 22 year old kid who's only pulling down about 30K a year. Military needs to pay us low ranking kids more so I can afford this awesome car. For now the 944 will just have to do.

Gearbox 03-06-2006 12:52 AM

Artic Silver
Full Leather Terrecotta
Sports Seats (a must)
PASM
PCM
TPC
Crono
Cold Weather
19" Carrera S Wheels
Lighted door sills

I'm sure I forgot something but car optioned out at $82K. Dealer offered a $2K discount. Sold the Boxster but waiting to see if prices fall by Spring, lots of Caymans on the lot. Definitely in my future, but don't want to find out that I left $4K on the table for not waiting a few months.

stelios 03-22-2006 01:20 AM

HI, I believe the Cayman is one of the hottest cars available by porsche. I woul get fully loaded, Silver with Terrecota Leather.

Can't wait to see the aftermarket options for it. Heared Techart has items available for it already.

Good luck

scubajag 05-14-2006 11:40 PM

Just ordered the Cayman S with 19" sport wheels, rain sensor, upgraded Bose surround sound, and the rest standard (6 speed manual). Car will be Carman Red and built in June for delivery in July.

lcarrandi 05-17-2006 12:17 PM

I just picked up my Cayman S a few weeks ago; options I'm happy with:
Seal Grey
Black Sport Seats - very comfortable, fits like a glove
Sport Steering Wheel
19" Sport Design Wheels - they look fantastic
Heated seats
Bose System (though I enjoy the sound of the engine more)
Park Assist
PCM

Photos do not do it justice; the car looks more amazing in person. I get tons of compliments as people stop to see exactly what it is - there are not many on the road yet. I'm enjoying every minute in the car – it handles exceptionally and is such a joy to ride (I'm glad I waited, and chose it over the 911).

check 6 05-19-2006 08:40 AM

I have had my Cayman S for two weeks and I am very impressed. It has been 29 years since my last Porsche (911S) and the quality is still there and better. Mine is a Guards red with the standard tan interior. The Bose system, heated seats, Xon headlights, painted wheel caps (I remember when we use to paint them ourselves) and the "Tiptronic" Transmision . After driving stick all my life, and my other fun car is a C6 corvette Z51 with 6speed) the tip is a great all around choice. Very responsive in either the manual or "drive" mode. In the manual mode the paddle shifitng is precise and quick and it becomes as close as you can get to a clutchless manual. Porsche has come a long way The obvious question I have been asked many times already is which do you like better. Well they are both great cars and get you from place to place with curves in between quickly but differently. Fortunately I don't have to decide which to keep..... boys and their toys or old men that are working hard to stay young

scubajag 05-19-2006 11:13 PM

A little bit off subject, but I have ordered my Cayman S which will be produced in June. Is there anyway to track a production number, shipment date etc. Last year I purchased a BMW with European delivery, and could follow the order from inception to arrival in the U.S. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. Thanks