Notices
Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

930 to 935 : The Turbo Porsches, John Starkey, First Ed, NEW, Out-of-Print

Old 02-23-2012, 02:14 AM
Default 930 to 935 : The Turbo Porsches, John Starkey, First Ed, NEW, Out-of-Print

Porsche forum members. I have a small number of this rare Porsche book available.
I have copied my eBay/Amazon ad below, but I would prefer to sell direct to Porsche enthusiasts at a discount as both eBay and Amazon take a nice commission.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130631534904...#ht_500wt_1148

They originally sold for over $100 and were sold out almost immediately. A second edition followed, also sold out, with no further editions following. There are a couple of book dealers offering them on the Internet, but none in unread/mint condition. It's not cheap as it is a rare, unequaled reference/history book. It is unique in its probably complete chassis history listings. I have delivered them to Porsche enthusiasts as far away as Australia to rave review and I will not likely find more once my case of books is gone. It was a lucky find, buried in an obscure antique shop in Florida and I, in turn, lost them in my own basement until I rediscovered them recently.... Please feel free to contact me with any questions. $160 each to forum members plus shipping.
------------------
A copy of my current, non-Porsche forum, Internet listing:

930 to 935: The Turbo Porsches
Author: John Starkey, Foreword by John Fitzpatrick
1998, San Diago, CA - Renwick & Starkey, Ltd.
First Edition
250 pages, 9.5" X 8.5", hardbound
213 B/W photos, 30 color, Comprehensive Chassis Histories
NEW, Never read, New old Stock, NOS
$185 plus shipping

Porsche Lovers/Historians/Fanatics: This is an ultra rare find. John Starkey's authoritative Porsche Turbo reference book, FIRST EDITION, MINT. There is no finer reference available on the history and racing of the golden era of Porsche Turbo Racers. Dozens of pictures, interviews with racers and builders, race histories, modifications and changes and the actual chassis histories of each car (who owned it when, where it raced, finishes, damage and rebuilds, drivers, current disposition, etc.). Perhaps your car is listed.

This book has been out of print for over a decade. There is nothing else comparable. It sold out rapidly after its initial issue and a second edition was printed two years later which also sold out. The specimen offered here is mint, having never been even been viewed/read. I will remove it from its original bulk shipping crate only before I pack it for delivery, carefully wrap it in multiple layers and send it insured. You might check the book's description on the author's site. It lists the book as having 160 pages, but it really has 250 pages.
http://www.johnstarkeycars.com/pages/books/930_935.html

Attached Thumbnails 930 to 935 : The Turbo Porsches, John Starkey, First Ed, NEW, Out-of-Print-cover-72.jpg   930 to 935 : The Turbo Porsches, John Starkey, First Ed, NEW, Out-of-Print-author-description.jpg   930 to 935 : The Turbo Porsches, John Starkey, First Ed, NEW, Out-of-Print-page-1-72.jpg   930 to 935 : The Turbo Porsches, John Starkey, First Ed, NEW, Out-of-Print-page-2-72.jpg