Notices
Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel

Old 09-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel

Hi

we manufacture a kit that makes the stock steering wheel closer, mantaining the airbag, horn, buttons and paddleshift working.

CAD designed, CNC made from billet steel and aluminium, with OEM matching male/female spline.

Direct fit between column and steering wheel, it makes the stock steering wheel come 2" closer to the driver.

Tall drivers will appreciate the great benefit of a much more comfortable driving position gaining room for their legs.
Also, track day drivers will enjoy the possibility to drive better because the 2" gain make possible to readjust the whole driving position having better feel on the pedals, no accidental hitting of the stalk/wiper levers.
Also, more room for the helmet can be gain by reclining the back of the seat.

The spacer compensate the lack of telescopic adjustment on 993 996 986 OEM steering wheel, and adds 2" of stroke to the existing depth adjustment of newer models..

Available for 993, 996, 986 also tiptronic, 997, 987, 991, 981, PDK and multi-function steering wheel too.

Supplied with fitment instructions and harness included when needed.

Payment by paypal, price 245€ + tracked shipment with UPS carrier from Italy, paypal fee of about 8 to 11 € will be charged too.

The spacers are always available matt black and 2" long. Other colour and bigger lenght can be made on request.

This thread is a kind of re-boot of the old one on which I've posted as Giacomo-RS
I made a vendor account and starting by now all questions can be discussed here.
The old thread can be deleted. From now on the steering wheel spacer will be sold as DailyDriverMotorsport, a Girol srl Italian Company Brand.

Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-immagine.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-immagine2.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-porsche-997-montato.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-cayman2.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-porsche-991-997-981-987-4.jpg  

Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-w.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-img_8367.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-img_8769.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-3.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-porsche-993.jpg  

Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-3d1.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-3d2.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-img_8792.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-img_8788.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-img_8787.jpg  

Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-4.jpg  
Old 09-20-2018, 12:04 PM

Continuing from the last thread -

Looking to get this extender in a 4" matte black configuration for a 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited 6AT. Also interested in possibly doing some laser imprinted customization too.

Based on the compatible hub adapters on the market, the spline should be the same as what's used in the FR-S/86/Camry/Corolla/Tacoma/FJ Cruiser/Matrix/Tundra, and Lexus IS/LS. I believe it's 17mm 33 spline.

I can handle the cabling. Will update with pictures of the wheel/spline/clock spring for reference when I get a chance to take it off soon.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor

The shape of the internals of the hub you linked looks very similar to a Toyota Aygo steering wheel that I have here in my shop.
Let me partecipate to a car meeting this weekend (Fiat 124 Abarth, I'll be there advertizing the spacers for this car), I'll be back on monday and I'll design the spacer sterting from the steering wheel I already have here.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:33 PM

Hey, just wanted to check in and see if you'd looked at the spacer for the BRZ. Is there any info or pictures I could provide you that would help?

Old 09-28-2018, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi, I'm designing it. Will post a 3d early

Sorry for not answering, I was very busy this week.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:17 PM

Sounds great! No rush, just wanted to make sure I didn't fall off your radar.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Former Sponsor

The spacer for Subaru BRZ will look like this.

Attached Thumbnails Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-brz.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-brz2.jpg   Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel-brz3.jpg  
Old 09-29-2018, 02:30 PM

This looks really good! Were you able to test fit it with a car / steering wheel? Is this design for 4" extra length? What's the diameter of it, just so I can get an idea of how it will fit against the wheel/steering column. Thank you, can't wait to order!!

Old 10-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi, thanks!
The outside bigger diameter is 113 mm
Lenght is 2"
I can make it 4", but I've been sit in a BRZ ad I think 2" is enough. OEM driving position feels quite ok to me.
How tall are you?

Old 10-07-2018, 09:48 PM

I'm 6'10", so the seat is all the way back/down and reclined a bit for headroom. I don't think I'll need all 4 inches, but I'd rather have too much (and just push in the telescope some) than too little. I think the actual amount I need is closer to 3", but 4 is even better.

If it's not a problem, I think I'd like the diameter to be closer to 5.5 - 6", or about 150mm. If that's a hassle then no problem, 113mm will work just fine.

Thank you for working with me on this, I'm very excited to get it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Daily Driver Motorsport steering wheel spacer for OEM steering wheel