Notices
Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here...

Wolfgang Uber Compound - Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Default Wolfgang Uber Compound - Review

Wolfgang Uber Compound - Review
By addysdaddy

Vehicle Description
Flat black 2013 Mercedes GLK DD living outside 24/7 and has never been washed in 6 mos. Surprisingly the vehicle was defect & swirl free but as you would imagine, loaded with containments. The surface showed stains throughout and was extremely rough to the touch.

Products Used
The new Wolfgang Uber Compound, WG Finishing Glaze and WG Fuzion. Nanoskin 6" disk and Glide lubricant. Gold Jr MF towels for the first wipe and a blue edgeless cobra mf for the final wipe. (Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, buffing towels, micro fiber towel, detail cloth)

Technique
Waterless washed the vehicle to start. Using Glide as my clay lube, went directly to the 6" nanoskin on the Flex with a speed setting of 4. Once the contaminants were removed, used WG Uber Compound, six section passes via the Flex 3401 with a 5" white hybrid pad - speed set to 6. Second step done with WG Finishing Glaze & 5" yellow hybrid pad, three section passes at speed 5 and three passes at speed 3.

Results
A flawless finish was achieved with minimal effort. The workability was great and there was no dusting whatsoever. The polishes were easy to buff off even in the high humidity of south Florida. IMO, the Uber Compound worked beautifully and I could've easily avoided the second step - it finished down that nicely with the white hybrid pad. Since I was going for perfect I didn't hesitate but I could easily argue that the Finishing Glaze was not required. There was some micro marring visible from using the Uber Compound but only with the Brinkman shining overhead; in other words, you needed to look for it. (remember that's on flat black paint.) Depending on the vehicle, paint and desired final outcome, a second step could easily be avoided-IMO the Uber Compound finished down like a fine grade polish.

Comparable Products
Very similar to Menzerna FG400 and SF4000.

Opinion
I would like to strongly recommend this product(s) as it's a welcome addition to the WG lineup. Unfortunately I was unable to see how it cuts on paint with bad swirls & scratches, because sadly my test vehicle was in better condition than I was expecting. I really liked the visual feedback during application - you could easily see the product turn translucent and therefore tell when it needed to be wiped off. (funny how that seems to always be six section passes) After the second step the paint was literally in perfect condition and the Fuzion (applied by hand) put the whole thing over the top. Honestly with the addition of the Uber Compound, I believe that the Wolfgang lineup belongs on the "top shelf" alongside with the best of the best.

Pictures

Products tested

"before pic"

notice the staining & general poor paint condition

Uber Compound applied via the Flex - 6 section passes

paint condition after Uber Compound was applied and buffed out over the entire hood.

paint condition after WG Finishing Glaze was applied and buffed out over the entire hood.

Fuzion applied by hand

Final beauty shots

Last edited by WolfgangCarCare; 02-06-2015 at 02:52 PM.