Notices
Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here...

Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 02:59 AM
Default Detailing

If anybody should have any questions about proper paint care, or exterior detailing, id be glad to give advice !

Old 09-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Default RE: Detailing

I have a few. I have been looking for the "right" wax for my 87 Carrera RUF twin Turbo. My problem is I live on a dirt road. I want my car to look good and wash it often but not wax it every time I wash it
Can you give me some good advise?
Also what can I use for interrior. I do not want my leather to crack.

My baby is in excellent condition and I want to keep it that way

Thanks,

Alex.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:40 PM

Great, you may want to consider using Klasse AIO, and Klasse SG, (Klasse twins) There an acrylic sealant, will give longlasting protection, and not oily at all, which will work in your favor being as you use a dusty road daily. Clearkote Vanilla Moose is also an excellent choice. Limited protection, but a great cleaner, and glaze combo. Follow up with either a carnauaba product (S100) or Klasse SG.
As for the inside, have you used any leather cleaners or conditioners in the past ?
Are you suing quality applicators and washing products ?

Old 10-21-2004, 04:33 AM

i have a few questions i was wondering if it was smart to turbo a 912 and if so whats the best way to go and wha tall do i need to upgrade like cams and such for it to run probperly and my second question is this what would be the smartest way to detail my car cd player my "mentor" if you will wants to keep the car looking stlk but i am 16 building this car and as u can guess i would like a facepalte or somthing loke that what would u suggest .. thanks

Old 12-03-2004, 10:23 PM
ZOD

Honestly I would leave the engine alone. If you aren't very careful you will end up blowing the motor. To make a 912 turbo you would almost have to install an entire new car into a 912 shell.

You might be able to find a supercharge kit for a 912 but even so you will run into big problems with heat and stress. Porsche did run several race cars with supercharged 4 cylinder engines. Personally, I'd just go out and buy a faster Porsche if your after more speed. It will cost less and run more reliably.

If anyone has been able to supercharge a 912 or 914 I'd love to hear about it. How much HP were you able to extract?