Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Connally Hide Food

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Default Connally Hide Food

What happened to Connally Hide Food? I've looked for a source to purchase a new container and found several, but several sources say the English company is out of business. Has anyone bought the comapany? Will the product continue to be available?

All the Best,

Greg

Old 05-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Default RE: Connally Hide Food

I recall hearing that Connely Hide food was only good for the leathers in Jaguars, for some reason that I don't know. I would think its fine for all leathers. However you may want to try Lexol leather cleaner and the Lexol leather conditioner. My local detail shop has used it for years and it works great. I have an '06 c4s with tons of extra leather and it turns out really nice after a treatment.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:50 AM
Default RE: Connally Hide Food

You are right I cant locate it in the UK now either. I have to say the Leather finishing processes are now much different than they used to be, especiall some of the German and Us materials.
I now use Autoglym Leather Cleaner, followed by Autoglym Leather Cream. Both good products because they dry relativlely quickly especially the Cream.
The old Connolly Hide food did take a while to dry.
Regards Big Bob