Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Porsche 911 T vs Skyline GT-R35

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Default Porsche 911 T vs Skyline GT-R35

One of the main issues that has been bothering for a while now. I've heard endless of car reviewers that suggest the Skyline GTR is a better car than the 911 Turbo. Yes, the Skyline is cheaper than the Porsche, but why do these factors needed to be considered?? Skyline's were built at a mass production scale while porsche is hand built (correct me if im wrong) It's obvious they will be cheaper made.
Furthermore, the most annoying thing I read/heard from a car review was the statement about the engineering perspective. The new skyline was regarded to be a better 'engineered' car than the Porsche. Well one thing right, it is faster then the Porsche but in the engineering perspective that is a false statement. The Porsche 911 haven't change their layout chassis for as long as 10 years (approximately) yet it was not until 2007 that Skyline finally beats it at nurburgring by 2 seconds.
I do give credit to those Japanese engineers in creating the new Skyline a much better car in every aspect then to the previous model. It was so good that it was able to threaten the king Porsche 911. However to think that the Skyline is a better car in terms of engineering and pricing issue that I don't agree.

What do you guys think?
Edwin

PS: i was flamed endlessly posting this topic in any discussion board ><

Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Default RE: Porsche 911 T vs Skyline GT-R35

The Skyline is undoubtedly a good car. Top Gears "Stig" was very impressed with it at the "Ring". However would you like to be seen in a Skyline or a Porsche Turbo?
Leave this Forum immediately if the answer is being seen in the Skyline
Regards Big Bob

Old 04-07-2008, 06:53 AM

Porsche is like my adored dreamed car. +D

It's just so irritating that so many car journalist seem to view that Porsche's aren't in the league with the Skyline any longer. They are mostly assumming that Porsche really desperately need to develop the a new 911 ><. This is what the "wheels" maganzine in Australia quoted " The Turbo must respond, and soon, because the GT-R is the undisputed winner here." And i think the topgear magazine also said a similar comment. I mean why does it need to be improve??? Its already perfect as it is, and will always be!!! It's engine is placed at the back,which will make it anatural disadvantage against front and mid engine car, as Richardmentioned "like building a pyramid upside-down". And yet, it took Nissan good decade to finally beat the 911 by 2 sec. What so good about that?? ><

Old 04-12-2008, 10:38 AM

The Nissan GT-R is just another contender in a long line of cars wanting to dethrone Porsche. The car is being super hyped at the moment but we will see what it really is when it finally gets here in U.S. trim. I give it 6 months and it will be another "also ran". If you want to see some interesting reading on the subject by some folks who appear to know alot about the car and the hype, trot on over to the "sixspeedonline" forum and look under 997TT. No one has been dethroned and the king is definitely not dead. The 997 TT is a brute that requires great skill to drive fast and always has been. It is an enthusiast's car for folks who take pride in their hard-earned driving skills. The GT-R is a car full of electric gizmos that do most of the driving for you. It is a good car, but Porsche is definitely not in trouble. The GT-R is an answer to a question Porsche enthusiasts are not concerned with.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:45 PM

I agree

Old 04-12-2008, 01:43 PM

+1 with Big Bob, no doubt which you'd rather be seen in...As a footnote, It's been a number of years since Porsche built cars by hand...Just not cost effective.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 AM
tzh

R35 is very sexy