Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Porsche Carrera Wins Best In Show

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Default Porsche Carrera Wins Best In Show

Hi guys.

I am what you would call a wanna-be.

For years I have admired Porsche, but the truth is I have never been able to afford one. I wonder how many folks here can relate to that?

Well, the closest I ever came to actually owning one was when I was allowed the privilege of detailing one! For some background, I must point out that I no longer detail cars, but for ten years I did (from 1990-2000), and I developed quite a following in my area. I had a high end clientele, and most of them drove Bimmers, Benz's and so forth. Only a few actually had Porsches, though. I guess Porsche owners are a specialized breed of driver.

Anyhoo...

I had this one customer, his name was Johnny. He and I shared a passion for German cars. He loved Porsche and VW, as do I, and at the time I owned a smokin hot 2004 R32 named Blue. Johnny had TWO of them, along with a Porsche Carrera. This guy LOVED cars. He also had money. Lots of it.

This Porsche was a black beauty if there ever was one. It was apparently rare as well.

Well, the year was 2006, and I had not detailed cars professionally for some time as I had spent 2000-2004 out of work, caring for my dear mom who had cancer. One day in 2006 I get a call from Johnny asking me to detail his black Porsche. I was not sure I wanted to do it, due to the fact that it had been so long since I had worked on cars professionally, but he offered me some cash that I simply could not turn down, and one one week in mid 2006 I got to work on this car and for 6 whole days I took my time and did my magic.

To make a long story short, the car won BEST IN SHOW that weekend.

I took some pics and wanted to share them with some Porsche people.

Go to :
Pics of Johnnys Porsche

By the way, while you are there - I also wanted to point you guys to a new post I made on the official photos of the Porsche Panamera Interior. Not because most of you have not already seen them by now, but because the flash presentation is just so beautiful to look at and blends nicely with the site in ways that were purely by accident! I sit and watch it over and over and I feel like I am in a dream, which owes to the beauty of the car and the colors of the photos which coincidentally matched my site - I kid you not.

Panamera Interior Photos

Thanks for reading.

PS: I am just curious, how can ANYONE look at car like the Panamera and even imagine sitting in one. I have to confess I would break into a sweat at the very thought of even daring to climb into one of those seats.