Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Porsche Effect on Other Drivers???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Default RE: Porsche Effect on Other Drivers???

That's why I drive an offroad ready 4Runner, no one cuts me off and if I hit something, it won't hurt my vehicle

Old 11-09-2005, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: MBS Auto Parts

well I think it is a little bit of both! here is why I see it that way...

a Restored MB 380SL : people pull up to me check it out and smile no bad reactions
1997 E320: going along my day just fine and dandy
2003 E320: NO racing , but people do still cut me off somethimes
C2 Cab: Everybody wants to kill me

Right. Since I got my C4 it's like I'm a target. I get people in vans, mini vans, you name it and they are very agressive.
I'm taking off at a light casually and just minding my own biz... the couple in a Tahoe next me are going to make sure I do not pass.
They are really being hardcore about this! It's personal? LOL. I'm trying not to respond at all and just drive.

If I'm on the beltway trying to get to the exit ramp, my turn signal on for 1/2 mile before, I'm trying not to be a jerk... somebody in a time warner service van is determined to make me die trying. If I slow down, he does to. He is not letting me over. Almost everyday so far. I was at a light yesterday and a crazy lady pulls up and she's cussing me and shaking her fists? They get right on my rear and excellerate until I either move over or leave them.

This is the best... I unfortunatley live in an apartment complex.[] I'm trying to park where my car is safe, etc. I don't mind walking and I'm not about to get into a parking lot rage, territory dispute over some stupid spot. There is this spot way far away where no one seems to park. It's between the trash dumpster and a large pile of dirt the managment only understands. It's about a space and 1/2 wide so I'm sort of double parked. I parked there for several nights. I start getting little notes on my windshield. Double park again, buy new tires. Park here again get keyed!??? Ok. I park on the extream other side of the complex and let this mighty warrior have his
power play. I have no choice but pay an extra $50 a month for a garage now. They way I see it this wack job instantly cost me $600. for the year. I hate to sound like a psycho but if I could catch him... I really don't want to get into all that.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 PM

My son lives in an apartment complex and ended up having to rent a garage for his car. It's actually good because he can keep his bike and all his tools in there too. Worth the money.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:11 PM

Hey Lee,

Thanks for keeping me in the conversation. I've been so busy... then when I get to the board I want to stay here all day.

Those cameros are fun. I had a cousin in high school I ran around with.
He was an excellent junior mechanic. Provided he had a shop to work in and a little money.
He could turn anything into a drag machine.
I don't remeber the details to the machine. I think it was a 69 or 70 Chevy Nova SS.
He went to work on it for a couple of months.
It had a bad green paint job we put on in his back yard.
It was a monster if you could keep it on the ground!
It laid rubber like black paint and damn near did wheelies!
I have no idea what the actual performance was... 0-60? Top speed?
We were teenage idiots and I think we liked the noise and rubber more than anything.
But the funny part was that everyone totally underestimated the car.
Guys would pull up and rev a challenge in thier new whatever?
We didn't care if it was a Ferrari. LOL!
You couldn't tell who got off the line first for all the damn smoke.
And the noise. It was like a bomb went off. WOOOOMMMPPP! LOL!

Old 11-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Administrator

ahhh..noise and rubber smoke...ill never get tired of it...

Old 11-10-2005, 09:14 PM

Camaros are fun, I agree. My first new car was a Camaro ('68). Like Mustangs, they are simple and basic and that is part of their charm. I prefer them to Mustangs because GM engines fit in them better and, frankly, I think GM makes the best engines in the world (seriously, I mean it. I think the Ls2 V8 is arguably as good as a n y t h i n g made anywhere.

Regardless, Camaros have straight axles, lots of room under the hood, and simple steel construction: all the things of hot rod heaven. And parts are cheap. Camaros of recent vintage (98 until the end, 02) are fairly quick stock (13.4 quarter mile, .88 G cornering, good braking, piggish handling though in tight turns). But they are cheap to modify. A mere $1500 gets them into the 12s, $4000 into the low 12s, $7000 into the MID 11s.

For all that, they are crude. If you think about it they are actually trying to be much like a Porsche, a coupe with a tiny back seat, lots of power, good looks. But nothing matches the smoothness and finesse of the Porsche.

If cars were people, the Camaro would be Hulk Hogan, bulked up, hard to argue with, fun when you want to be rowdy . . .
and the Porsche would be Pierce Brosnan, oh so smooth and suave and cool.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:47 PM

"If cars were people, the Camaro would be Hulk Hogan, bulked up, hard to argue with, fun when you want to be rowdy . . .
and the Porsche would be Pierce Brosnan, oh so smooth and suave and cool."

Too funny. I love creative writting. Your not half bad at it. I get a kick out of writting myself.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Administrator

many of the cars in the porsche history do have a very 'bond" feel to them... i think that the camaro would be someone a bit more brutish, like the macho man...haha

Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM

Very good pun, Patrick.

And Jabora, obvious you like writing, too.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Administrator

i wrote the carrera GT write up at the top right, and i also did one about the gemballa GT [8D]

Quick Reply: Porsche Effect on Other Drivers???