Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

Prejudice overcome!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Default Prejudice overcome!

Years ago I would only have bought an English car. Having had a collection of Lotus Elans, 7's, Europa, Lotus Cotinas, Jaguar E Types 3.8 to 2+2 (3.8 was best!), TVR Griffith, Ginetta, Diva, Jensen R520 and many Astons, Bertelli 1.5l saloon, DB2/4,DB Mk III, DB4/5&6. DBS6, DBSV8, AMV8, V8 Vantage.
When I retuned from 7 years in China I bought a Mercedes SLK320 over a Porsche Boxter, a DB7, and an XK8. I won anAutocar Best Letter and a Porsche Pen for my piece why the SLK was a better bet than a Boxter for Joe Average.Now I have a Mercedes S500, SL500, a 120 BHP Smart Roadster Coupe' and F I N A LL Y a 996 911 Porsche Carrera 2 in Speed Yellow. This car while a 2003 3.6 now is running approximately 360+bhp following a Revo Chip, Sports Exhaust, Full Flow Air Intake, and a nice Body Kit . Having vowed never to buy a German car years ago what have I done --------------!
Big Bob

Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Default RE: Prejudice overcome!

Okay . . .

Old 09-14-2007, 12:30 PM

Ok big Bob,

you have moved into the realm of German engineering, scary ground to be playing in. Back in the 1940s Hitler asked Dr. Porsche to design and build a car and the greatest car in history was born the Volks Wagon (prior to 1968). Germans are very meticulous people, don't like to be out done. The first Porsches were nothing but stretched out, flattened, high pro-form VW Bugs. I know this is going to cause some hatred for me but check the history books. Now Dr. P. new something back then that is still true today, a car for DRIVINGhas the engine if the frontSPORTS cars have the engine in the back, weight distrobution, less responce time, weight right over the drive wheels. Lamborgini, Farrari, McLarin, Lotus (I not the greatest speller when it comes to those names, please forgive me), but all these are true sports cars and have true sports car prices. Out of all the topend sports cars out there today the Porsche GT is in the #1 spot or at least it was about a year and a half ago. Anyone can build a car to go fast but what happens when you have to turn the wheel at high speeds? This is the beauty of a Porsche, it still handles great at high speeds, it handles like a SPORTS CAR.

Drive, Love and have Fun. Skarr.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4860/34FD0C75AC274543B4AE4C0204C432D1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-17-2007, 05:23 AM

Hi Skarr
You are right on Price. I was thinking about a used Aston Martin V8 Vantage (Latest model). But after watching the Stig in Top Gear's feature on the Isle of Man, when the 997 Carrera S demolished both the Aston and the BMW M6, I was convinced!
Best Regards Big Bob