Notices
General Porsche Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Porsche's many models...

What are the current Fuel Prices in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Default What are the current Fuel Prices in the USA

In the UK fuel prices are [sm=bustedsign.gif]:
Gasoline 95 Ron US$10.00 per gallon[sm=headbang.gif]
Gasoline 99 Ron US$10.60 per gallon[sm=noooo.gif]
DieselUS$11.35 per gallon[sm=smiley11.gif]

Happy days - if only we had the Fonz as Prime Minister[sm=groupwave.gif]
Regards Big Bob

Old 05-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What are the current Fuel Prices in the USA

Paid 4.20 for premium last week. We don't have the extreme taxes on gas that the UK does fortunately (though most americans think our taxes are high). I am sure it is around $5 for premium on the west coast.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:16 AM

I just paid $4.37 for 93 octane in Modesto, CA. I have seen it as high as $4.59 in San Francisco in the last week.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:41 AM

That means I could by over 2 gallons in the USA for 1 gallon in the UK! Wow should I apply for a Green Card?
Regards Big Bob

Old 05-28-2008, 06:14 PM

I paid $4.20 a gallon for premium Monday when I filled the Porsche. Cheap in my opinion: gas ought to cost about $10/gallon but I won't protest as long as it's less.
I don't anticipate feeling any "pain at the pump" until gas gets to around $20 a gallon, at which point it would cost more per week than the wine my wife and I drink at dinner each evening: at that point additional gas money would come out of wine money and I might -- I stress might --think of cutting back on driving rather than cutting back on wine. On the other hand, maybe not.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Well Lee I today too in the UKfilled up the Porsche with 99 RON Super Unleaded at the cheapest Super Market Petrol(Gas) Station it cost $10.80 per gallon.
If you like that price Lee what about moving to ther UK, I'll help with your Green Card
Regards Big Bob

Old 05-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Hello from NH,USA

at Sams'Club the 93 octaneon 5.28.08 was $3.98/gal

Old 05-29-2008, 05:41 PM

There is a really good editorial by Thomas Friedman in the NY Times yesterday about gasoline prices, in which he lamented that all the politicians are afraid to tell the American people what they need to hear: gasolineprices are going to continue to go up and they aren't ever coming down.

I think, ultimately, $10 gasoline will be good for us: an incentive to get efficient, develop new technoligies, and maybe avoid building any more 6000 pound mega-SUCs to haul one little 110 pound momma to her Yoga class.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Big Bob

Well Lee I today too in the UKfilled up the Porsche with 99 RON Super Unleaded at the cheapest Super Market Petrol(Gas) Station it cost $10.80 per gallon.
If you like that price Lee what about moving to ther UK, I'll help with your Green Card
Regards Big Bob
Well, it's not the gas prices but I do sometimes envy you in the UK. My wife and I are big fans of UK television. We love Midsomer Murders, Blue Murder, Jonathan Creek, Wire in the Blood, Taggart, etc., etc., and anything with David Jason in it (by the way, with a mustache, I really do look just like him when he did Inspector Frost), and particularly right now, we're pissed off at only being able to get the single DVD (the pilot) for Inspector Lewis, the sequel series to Inspector Morse, here in American, when I think there have been six more made since then.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:20 AM

Well Lee, today filled up the wifes SL, another day and another price hike, $10.97 for a gallon of 99 RON Super Unleaded.
I'm in town later I'll see if I can trace the "Lewis" DVD.
Look out too for "Waking the Dead" (Cold Case Drama Series), and "Silent Witness" (Forensic Drama series). Another series worth looking for is "New Tricks" a collection of retired police officers with great individual skills solving closed cases under a blonde female Inspector.

Quick Reply: What are the current Fuel Prices in the USA