Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

How to repair corrupt access database file?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Default How to repair corrupt access database file?

Last week, I was facing save as problem. My Access database had been corrupted I wanted to repair and recover it then one of my friend suggest me how to repair and recover corrupt access file.

There are two options to recover your MS Access database

First method – Use inbuilt utility know as “compact and repair”
Here how to use "Compact & repair utility"

1 - If access database is open, close it.
2 - Open Tools menu >> Database Utilities >> click Compact and Repair Database.
3 - In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact >> click Compact.
4 - In the Compact Database Into dialog box >> new file name >> click Save.

Second method – Or you can use Kernel for MS Access file repair tool

I would like to suggest MS Access file repair tool to repair and recover MS Access database file.

To know more details visit Repair Access Database Tool to Compact and; Repair Corrupted MS Access Files

Old 04-10-2015, 01:15 AM
Banned
Default Repair Access Database File

There are two best way to recover your corrupted or damaged access database file. First one, by using of compact and repair features of ms access and second one, by using any third party access file repair tool. I would like to suggest access repair tool for recovering your damaged database file because it is easy to use and you can easily recovered you corrupted access database file.

To know more about this tool and download demo version of this tool here :- Microsoft Access: Repair Access Database Files Manually

Thanks

Old 05-20-2015, 05:57 AM

Access database repair software flawlessly repairs highly corrupt Access databases. It recovers user information such as tables, indexes, primary keys, date format and much more from the inaccessible Access database. More details see this site: http://www.recoverydatatools.com/access-recovery-software.html also read this post: Access Recovery Software

Old 05-23-2015, 01:45 AM
Old 10-28-2015, 05:04 AM

You can try third party Access recovery utility to retrieve all deleted and corrupted file. This tool is easy-to-understand, easy-to-use, easy-to-operate and descriptive. For more details see here: http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/acce...-software.html

Old 11-09-2015, 03:09 AM
Thumbs up How to repair corrupt Access database file?

To repair Access database file, there are two things users can do: users can try few easy manual tricks for repairing corrupt Access database; or they can try a third-party tool. But always remember one thing that we must try the manual tricks first as they require no cost, while a third-party tool is a paid utility.

Here I'm sharing a blog post in which you can find few easy manual tricks for repairing Access database files.

Compact and Repair Database in Microsoft Access | N. Sem's Blog

If the manual tricks fail or don't work for you, then you can switch to a third-party tool. Download free demo version of Access Database Recovery tool provided by Data-Recovery-Solutions. It supports both MDB & ACCDB files, and restores maximum possible data from the corrupt database files.

For more information, you can visit: data-recovery-solutions.com/access-database-recovery/

Thanks.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 AM
Default How to repair corrupt access database file?

MS Access Recovery tool repairs and recovers corrupted access database files (MDB and ACCDB). Access database files are likely to get damaged due to unexpected system shutdown or software crash, virus corruption and media corruption. Access restores data in all such corruption states.The access file recovery software enables you to browse the corrupted files and then rebuilds them into accessible database files.

This acts as a template which then helps to restore the lost database structure. A layout of the provided database is created and both the databases are synchronized to restore them into usable database file.Access files recovery software comprehensively scans the damaged database and extracts database structure and table data from the MDB file.

It displays preview of the database structure and its content as the analyzing process gets completed. The software uses advanced QFSCI algorithm to search and retrieve data from the corrupted access database files. This ensures complete data recovery. The integrated Live Preview technology helps in displaying preview of the damaged database.

The Access Recovery software has a user friendly interface which allows technical as well as non-technical users to easily work with the tool.

Last edited by wolfgang12; 04-17-2017 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 01-03-2019, 06:10 AM

Know the causes of MS Access corruption, in order to completely get rid MS Access errors: Access Database Recovery

Or, try advanced access file recovery software, which is tried and tested way to completely fix it.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:41 AM

Hi, I gather that your MS Access database is getting corrupt when up put it on a shared drive. A Microsoft Access database may get corrupt when in a multi- user environment. Here are the workaround that you can use in order to fix it.

Step 1: Run Command Prompt as Administrator

Click on the Windows icon and type Command Prompt. Then right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator option.

Step 2: Execute Compact and Repair Database Command

In the command prompt window, type the following command and then press ‘Enter’.
msaccess <path to database file >\<database file name> /compactIn the command, replace <path to database file>\<database filename> with database path. For instance,
msaccess "C:\Program Files\Reports.mdb" /compactThis will start the process to compact and repair the faulty Access database file.

Otherwise, You can check out this thread for an alternative solution : https://dba.stackexchange.com/questi.../171275#171275

Old 04-14-2022, 12:31 AM

Hi,

To repair corrupt or damaged MS Access database files, you can try the "Compact and Repair" utility. It is an inbuilt feature of MS Access. If this method does not work, then you can try any third-party tool to repair your corrupt Access database.

I have tried this tool: https://www.stellarinfo.com/access-database-repair.php

I have checked the preview of all my data in the free version and then purchased it. It comes up with 30 days money-back guarantee.

Best Regards,

Steve Mor