Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Travel Preparation

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Default Travel Preparation

I am new to the Forum. I have wanted a Porsche since being stationed in Europe many years ago. A friend told me about very nice1984 911 located in Napa, CA. The car is a one-owner and has under 100K miles, has always been garaged and driven very little the last few years.The owner made me a deal that I could notrefuse.

My wife and I plan to drive the car from California to Kansas. The owner has always kept the car serviced including a recent compresensive service.

I am looking for advice on what precautions I should take before heading out in the car. Are there any spare parts I should acquire before the trip?

Although this will be our first Porsche journey, my wife and I have previous experience traveling via motorcycle and light airplane.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Travel Preparation

You probably want to have a set of fan belts in the car if their already aren't some there. A few quarts of oil, make sure the tires are properly inflated, and you should be good to go. What part of Kansas are you coming back to?

Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Travel Preparation

Thanks for the advice. I will make sure we have a set of belts and extra oil. We currently live a couple of miles east of Lawrence.