Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

First time Porsche owner, Hello to all!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Default First time Porsche owner, Hello to all!

Aloha from Hawaii, I joint the forum a few months ago. I just purchased my first Porsche last night. (Jan 31, 2007) It is a used 3 months old Boxster S with only 400 miles on it. So, I can call it almost new. Anyway, looking forward to enjoy thegreat experience to drive this car. I am looking for a car over, my main goal is to block the fine dust. I have agarage where I parked my car at work (with only solid roof, no side wall, not enclosed) Since I work in a construction area, it is very dusty. There will be little water going on the car but a lot of fine dust. Any suggestion?
I also appreciate if you guys can refer me to any good site, link regarding Boxster. I like to surf the net and read. Thank you.
Tinchao

Old 02-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Default RE: First time Porsche owner, Hello to all!

Hello Welcome!

There is this site http://www.permabag.com/that has some car covers for all occasions, i think you might find something intresting for your need!

Great looking Boxster!

Best regards, wish you all the best!

Theodore Athens

Old 02-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

That's a fine looking Boxster you have there Tinchao! Only 400 miles on the clock? It must be like new! I hope you're gonna do a few more miles than that and use it for what it was built.....driving!

Have you posted any pic's in the gallery yet?

Old 02-04-2007, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: CTiggerPigglet

That's a fine looking Boxster you have there Tinchao! Only 400 miles on the clock? It must be like new! I hope you're gonna do a few more miles than that and use it for what it was built.....driving!

Have you posted any pic's in the gallery yet?
Can you show me how to post some photos? I try the gallery buttom but still a little confuse how to upload, thanks

Old 02-05-2007, 01:06 AM

just out of curiosity, why did you choose the boxter?

Old 02-05-2007, 03:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Panzer

just out of curiosity, why did you choose the boxter?
Good question.......
One of the reason is..... If I am going to spend somewhere in the 50 to 60k range, I like to have a sport car that can drop the top, living in Hawaii allow me to drop the top all year long. Some 911 has convertiable, but I don't think I will spendthat much money for a car. I want to buy one that is less than one year old or new. I know if I am willing to buy an older model 911, it may be cheaper or I should say close to my price range, but I don't want to buy aPorsche that is too old and I end up spending a lot of money to repair it. Another reason is the truck space, Boxster give you the most space out of all the convertiable, at least base on my research. I have consider SKL, the hard top is nice and my wife actually like that car. I did not choose SLK because once you drop the top, there is not much space left for "Shopping". I own a Benz already, therefore, having a SLK will most likely don't make me feel like I brought a new car, the interior is pretty much the same, the feel of the car is pretty mucn the same. I also cosider Z4, but I just don't like the look of the Z4 that much.
I have been watching the local classify for months, waiting for the right car, the right moment.... I am glad that I finally own one.
Driving a Porsche is like nothing else..... do you agree?
Is there a reason why I should not choose a Boxster, any suggestion, input is welcome. I can always change model down the road, after all, this is a car, not a wife. Ha Ha :-)