Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Greetings All!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Default Greetings All!

Hello! I go by the name of turbolou, I'm from Lake Forest CA. After owning a bunch of vette's & losing my butt on every one & all along lusting for a turbo Porsche. I took the plunge & got an 03 black/black turbo with 10k miles , I'm still trying to get familiar with it. What impresses me the most is the handling & the fact if I'm not really paying atten. It's rather hard to keep it from running away with me on the freeways. It's very happy over 80 . Monday it goes to the body shop to have some rock chips taken care of & have all the fine scratches rubbed out from the last owner. Who obviously didn't have a clue on how to take care of black paint. It has GT 2 wheels & Michelin tires that are a bit worn & that's my next expense. But what to get ? I would appreciate some recommendations. Would headers,exaust & reprogramming help ? I have an extended warranty that I need to maintain & don't want to void it. Regards Lou

Old 02-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Default RE: Greetings All!

i'm not sure what you could do to enhance the performance side of your porsche, but you could reduce engine bay temps, which will allow the car to breath in colder air, which we all know can be compressed to a higher flash poing, which means more power. The easiest way to achieve this is to wrap your exhause headers, which is where 90% of the heat comes from in thermo-tech exhaust wrap, i'm pretty sure this won't void your warranty, while your at it gut you catalytic converter, it will sound better too.