Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Default Hello

I've just bought my first Porsche, a '83 944. Looks awesome. I'm told it's got a body kit on it, from Porsche, but it doesn't look that much different then the other 944's I've seen. Then again, it just got buried under another 15+ inches of snow so I haven't had that good of a look at 'er.

It's my first RWD car ever, all my other cars are FWD and my current one is a '93 Saturn SL2 that I've modified to be one sweet road course car, not that I'll ever get it to a road course but, it hugs the road fine. Once I get the alternator rebuilt and the brake fluid leak up by the pedals figured out (major shifting problems, 99% sure it needs a clutch master cylinder as it's bone dry) I'll get to have some fun with it.

Paid $500 for it, with the original tranny in the trunk (2nd one is installed), and a few other rather expensive shifting related parts that it doesn't need yet. Hopefully I can get the clutch and alternator fixed before this snow goes away, it'll be interesting explaining to the local PD just why I'm screwing around in the parking lot...

edit: Huh, when I typed that there was only one apostophre everywhere, not quotation marks...grr