Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Hi from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Default Hi from Texas

Hey everybody, I'm Justin from Austin Texas.

Currently I own a 72 Datsun 240Z, Nicknamed The "DemonZ"

Now I know what you're thinking... "Hey... that's not a Porsche!"
But the early Z's were dubbed the "Poor Man's Porsche"

Now, the reason I'm here is simple, I'm looking for a 74-89, 911 Turbo and doing research on prices, problems, parts availability, you name it. The one issue I have is that I dont have a whole lot of money these days, so odds are I'm not going to be able to afford one for a while, but it never hurts to look, and who knows, maybe I'll find one that's a little rough for the right price that I can fix up.

When I was a kid, my next door neighbor had a 911 that was either a 69 or 71(cant remember anymore) It's was a beautiful car, but after he retired, and his car had some problems he just couldnt keep fixing he sold it. Unfortunately, he sold it when I was 14 or 15 and it was before I started messing with cars. When I did start working on cars, he gave me pretty much all his tools. Pretty much all of which are older than I am. I consider him and his 911 to be a pretty big influence in my love for cars.

Back to me and The Z.
You may be asking, "Why is it called the DemonZ" well, here's why. I bought the car on 06/06/06 from a Junk Yard for $500. I have classic 1972 Texas plates with the # DWB 666. I finished the first engine for it on Friday the 13th, and the second engine on Halloween.

Here's The car when I first bought her:

First Engine:

The last time the car was all together:

How she looks right now:

The car is all apart again, need to do some frame repair, and I'm welding in a cage. The only things that are still stock on the car would be the unibody(not for much longer) Differential (also being changed soon) passenger seat, dash, and 70% of the suspension.
Even the windsheild wiper motor was replace with a faster one.

Thanks for reading, I'm definately looking forward to building myself a 911 Turbo!

Old 07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Default RE: Hi from Texas

Welcome to the Forum, and I'm sure your obvious rebuild skills will enable you to bring an old Porsche back from the dead so to speak.
Regards Big Bob

Old 07-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Default RE: Hi from Texas

ORIGINAL: Big Bob

Welcome to the Forum, and I'm sure your obvious rebuild skills will enable you to bring an old Porsche back from the dead so to speak.
Regards Big Bob
That's the plan! Now to find one...

Thanks for the warm welcome