Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Inductee

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:45 PM
Default Inductee

Hey, just giving everybody a shout. I just registered after filtering through the forum for the last few days. I have to say it's very nice. I just realized my dream of owning my dream car. A few days short of my 25th birthday, which was on the 31st of Jan, I purchased a 1984 944 for an incredible steal. I'm still reeling off the realization that I now own my original dream car. I've been infected by the bug for porsche since I was 5 years old and saw my first one. Since then my craze over the cars has grown and now I'm here, can't believe it.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Default RE: Inductee

Richard:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Porsche! You must be stoked! Enjoy the new 944 and treat her good!

Old 02-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Default RE: Inductee

Welcome and congratulations on owning your dream car. I hope it lives up to your expectations. when I was your age, my dream car was a Daimler SP250 V8 (called a Daimler Dart in the UK). It definately didn't live up to my expectations. It had everything against it: early technology fiberglass body that came from the factory with rattles already installed, Lucas electrical components (apoligies to all the UK members, but . . . ), and a tiny "hemi-head" engine that had no resemblance in power or torque to the big Crysler american hemis. It was a truly educational experience

Luckily, you have the advantage of having fallen for the 944, an awesome car, one of the best ever, well designed, built solid as an anvil, and with a damn good engine, and I'm sure you'll be happy. Enjoy it and the forum.