Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Just joined!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Default Just joined!!!

Hello everyone, I just joined tonight. Picked up a 2007 Boxster last week...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Default RE: Just joined!!!

The Boxster is a great car. I soldmine a couple of years ago but Istill wish I had it. I hope that you'll get many years of enjoyment from yours.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Default Battery Replacement for Cayenne S

I was researching for a quality replacement battery for Cayenne.
Napa recommended Optima and Odysessy battery. Any one
have experience with this? 1200MJT I think is the most common
choice, please let me know! Thank you!

Old 05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Default RE: Battery Replacement for Cayenne S

csquad, thanks, I look forward to many years of enjoying mine! I got the preferred extended warranty.

Miracle, I would stay away from Optima batteries. I have had two go dead on two of my cars even with trickle chargers connected. I traded in a C5 Corvette for my boxster. The weekend before the trade, I found out the Optima battery was dead with the trickle charger on it, so I put in a new one and the next weekend it was dead too, even with a trickle charger on it. Could be a bad trickle charger, but another Optima battery went dead in another car with a different trickle charger in it.

A friend of mine recommended Interstate batteries, which I may try. I have had a Delco in one of my older Vettes and it has held up well. I have had problems with Sears batteries too.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:22 AM

Hi, King Ray, how do you like you Boxster?

Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 AM

tinchao, it's great so far! Tons of love bugs on the way to work today though(drove a different vehicle due to all the fires and bugs).

Does anyone know what the maximum range of the boxer is, in reality, for freeway driving?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:00 PM

King, that is easy to find out. Behind the steering wheel, left side, there is two sticks, the bottom one, if you pull towards you, it will change the displace on the dashboard between AVERAGE MPH (Mile per hour), MPG (Mile per gallon) Tire pressure (if you have tire pressure mointoring system install & how many more mile before you need to fill up gas again. My Boxster S usually read about 300 miles after I fill up a full tank, therefore, Pull the stick right after you top off you tank, you will see it. or you can check anytime you like. Let me know if you can find the reading :-)

Old 05-09-2007, 12:13 PM

tinchao, thanks for the tips. I haven't read the owner's manual much yet, I'm still learning where everything is.

I have a plain boxster that is supposed to get something like 32 mpg highway. I am wondering if I can get to my grandfather's (about 370 miles away) on one tank without getting too low.

Those estimates from the onboard computer can sometimes be a little off. 32 mpg x 16.9 gallons should be over 500 miles, but I doubt you will see 32 mpg unless you are going 55 or 60 mph the whole time.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:16 PM

King, don't count on 32 mph, I suppose to get 19 city 27 highway, not really :-(
When the gas tank get real low, the dash board will displace a warining signal, and tells you how many more miles you can go.
When you check the MPH & MPG, sometimes, you need to pull the handle towards you to reset it. When you pull the handle and hold it for two seconds, the displace will change from let say "30mph" to "---mph", then after a few seconds, it will displace the updated readout.
Well, we have a big front storage in the Boxster, it is easy to fit a 5 gallon gas tank inside.
You should start reading the owner's manual especially before you go on a long trip :-)

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM

tinchao, thanks for the advice. I just haven't had much chance to read the manual yet; last weekend was pretty busy with getting the Vette ready to trade in. It took forever to get the custom intake apart so I could put the stock one back in. Ended up needing a vice to get a rubber coupling off (Donaldson Blackwing filter).

Darn love bugs are really bad now, and with Andrea moving in, I may postpone my trip north for a while.

Quick Reply: Just joined!!!