Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

Left BMW For Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Default Left BMW For Porsche

After 20 years of BMW's I have called it quits. The new designs and overweights beasts they are making have really turned me off. Bangle should be fired!

I picked up an 01 911 Carrera 4 with the factory Aero kit. Its only been a short time but I love it! I still have my M3 and it will be fun to do some comparisons between the 2.

The only thing I can complain about at this point is the shifter. I mean seriously thats a bigger row than the chevy bronco I used for hauling. Short shift kit is definately going to be the first mod.

If anyone is interested in an M3 mine is for sale
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=205094

Anyways Im glad to be here!

Old 04-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Default RE: Left BMW For Porsche

Good move! Welcome to the world of Porsche. I'll pass on your M3

Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 PM

Congratulations on seeing the light and being saved from mediocrity.
Welcome aboard.
Big Bob
PS we need to get this to Bimmer Boy Doc

Old 04-15-2008, 01:42 PM

Thx!

I still love the bimmer but this is another level. Really BMW should be the "kinda ultimate luxury driving machine" and to me this car is all about driving and enjoying it!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:40 PM

Porsche....the bloodlines run deep!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:00 PM

Good switch

Old 04-18-2008, 08:59 PM

same here...z4 to boxster....

night and day...

best of luck

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 PM

I agree, Bangle is ruining BMW. I considered buying a M Coupe or a 6 series but the styling turned me off. My wife has a '01 330CI convertible, which in my opinion was the last year before BMW styling started going downhill. It's a nice car but it's too heavy, the steering is too light, and it could use more power. I imagine that the M3 is better in all respects.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:56 AM

Welcome. You will love your Porsche. And I agree (and you certainly won't find much argument on this forum) that lately BMW has strayed from its roots. I loved cars like the early 70s 1600 and the 2-liter tii, as well as some of the mid-late 90s 3 series: funtionally styled, well engineered, robust and efficient.

But, when I put on my business-man's hat, I'm not sure BMW is making a mistake: most bimmers anymore are bought by people who want the prestige nameplate and know little about cars -- "It's either a BMW or a Lexus, dear, which do you prefer?" BMW is successful in this venue, and ultimately its money they want to make: so they pile on the weight, "de-content" the performance edge and its elements, and apply rather convoluted "styling" to make their cars "distinctive" since what's under the metal really doesn't do that anymore. Give it a few more years and we can change that old Motor Trend joke to "When better Buicks are made, BMW will make them."

Anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy your Porsche.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:26 PM

I've a suspicion that other members are taking the opportunity to use such threads as a means to increase their posts[sm=bangbang.gif]
Now I would never do that
Regards Big Bob

Quick Reply: Left BMW For Porsche