Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

My First Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Default My First Porsche!

Hello! I just picked up my new Cayman S (Seal Grey/Black) last weekend and I absolutely love it! Since this is my first Porsche, I'll probably have a few questions down the road – so I’m happy to join the forum with knowledgeable enthusiasts. My last car was a '02 BMW M5 - great car, but I don't miss it at all. I always wanted a Porsche, and could only enjoy my father's 911 Cabriolet... so I'm very excited to finally buy my very own. The Cayman is fantastic (my dad is actually jealous). Let's hope it continues...any advice on breaking in a new Porsche? I'm still very cautious b/c it's just a baby.

I look forward to learning more from the forum members. Thank you!
~LC

Old 05-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My First Porsche!

Welcome to th forum mate![sm=hiya.gif] That sure sounds like a great car. Why not post some pictures in the gallery? Then we can all be jealous, just like your dad!

Old 05-05-2006, 05:17 PM

Thank you! Here are a couple of photos...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2210/624DD11B1388484E9FA155FC3447457B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2210/30BB221F64DC41F1B558A56E98C180D5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Absolutely Stunning! [8D] Do you think it would be O.K. to post one of these pic's in my web gallery? CTiggerPigglet's Porsche Photo Gallery.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:42 PM

Thank you, I'm glad you liked the photos! Feel free to post one.

~LC

Old 05-21-2006, 12:58 AM

Nice car, but how does it drive?!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 PM

Thank you! It handles superbly - as expected from a mid-engine Porsche. It’s such a pleasure to drive…hugs the corners and accelerates like a demon! I’ve only put 300 miles on the car – so I’m still breaking it in. Clearly, I have not experienced the cars full potential.

Funny, I just read a chat discussion on the key – it is very sensitive, and last w/e, parked at a friends house (thank goodness!), I noticed the hood and rear was opened when I was about to leave. I had the key in my pocket, so I must of triggered something. It’s a little annoying. I drive it only on the weekends, but if I park it someplace I have to be very careful not press the key against anything. I am reading about possible remedies.

Also, I’m getting used to the new car smells – especially when I shut off the engine after a leisurely drive. I’m sure this is normal, but sometimes it’s quit strong.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:19 AM

Wow, I feel out of place. I'm going to pick up my '73 Porsche 914 tomorrow. I'm getting for only 5k. It's in really good condition but a little rough around the edges. But even worse, I'm only 16. So hopefully I can learn more about Porsches and stuff online so I can fully apprieciate the car. I heard it's pretty rare and the guy said he had calls from around the US for it. So, anoyone have any specs on a '73 914?

Old 06-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, your one lucky 16 year old! I don't know how rare this 914 is, but I love 'em! why not post some pic's when you get some?

Old 06-06-2006, 11:16 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky. Although I don't have it yet, we're supposed to go pick it up later today, so we'll see what happens. It's a manual, although he guy doesn't remember if it's 5 or 6 speed. It's got double dual exhaust and has had several of the major engine components replaced. I'm really excited about it, it would be a pretty good upgrade from my '92 Toyota Celica. Although I'm sure insurance will kill me, well not really me my dad because he is still paying it. Ha ha ha