Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums

Porsche Forum - Porsche Enthusiast Forums (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/)
-   New Members Area (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/new-members-area-4/)
-   -   New Guy. With pics (https://www.germanautoforums.com/forum/new-members-area-4/new-guy-pics-8341/)

jason@pmp 08-11-2009 10:34 AM

New Guy. With pics

8 Attachment(s)
I am a new guy..

Attachment 1504
Attachment 1505
Attachment 1506
Attachment 1507
Attachment 1508
Attachment 1509
Attachment 1510
Attachment 1511

Panzer 08-11-2009 02:11 PM

Nice car man, where you live?

jason@pmp 08-11-2009 02:58 PM

Utah :)

It has some scratches but its a cool little car. I can't get it to start at the moment though. I don't think I have fuel pressure... I pulled what I thought was the feed line from the fuel distributer (not sure what that is actualy called) and cranked it over and gas slowly spilled out from the distributer side not the line I thought was a feed.. it also only drizzled out didn't have much of any pressure.. any ideas?
If I crank the car over with every thing hooked up it starts for like a tenth of a second then dies..

Panzer 08-12-2009 11:32 AM

I'm assuming your talking about your fuel rail, which is feeds fuel to your injectors. Did you do this on both sides of the motor? I would say your going to need to replace your fuel pump or the filter is clogged but still you would have more pressure than that. When you turn your key over you should be able to hear the fuel pump prime itself. check that first

Beverly Stayart 08-12-2009 02:38 PM

Thanks for the great pics and welcome to the forum.

jason@pmp 09-03-2009 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Panzer (Post 23696)
I'm assuming your talking about your fuel rail, which is feeds fuel to your injectors. Did you do this on both sides of the motor? I would say your going to need to replace your fuel pump or the filter is clogged but still you would have more pressure than that. When you turn your key over you should be able to hear the fuel pump prime itself. check that first

If I am not mistaken this year doesn't have a fuel rail. there is 7 lines comming out of 1 Fuel loctation. and each line feeds 1 injector. so its not a regular fuel rail that I can check fuel pressure on.

Does this have a mechanical fuel pump? It does not make any sound (like priming) when you turn the key on.

PorscheDoc 09-03-2009 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Panzer (Post 23696)

Lol, no fuel rails on a CIS motor. Injectors are mechanical as well.

PorscheDoc 09-03-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by jason@pmp (Post 23848)
If I am not mistaken this year doesn't have a fuel rail. there is 7 lines comming out of 1 Fuel loctation. and each line feeds 1 injector. so its not a regular fuel rail that I can check fuel pressure on.

Does this have a mechanical fuel pump? It does not make any sound (like priming) when you turn the key on.

It is an electronic pump. If you are not hearing anything, then likely the pumps are not running. You can pop the air filter out and check to see if there is pressure on the fuel plate with the key on. If the plate moves with zero resistance, then you definitely have a fuel delivery issue. Could be something as simple as the fuel pump relay.