Notices
New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself...

new, and interested in 911/fuel injected/electronic ignition

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Default new, and interested in 911/fuel injected/electronic ignition

Hi, I'm finally in a financial position in which I can start thinking about owning the Porsche that I always wanted, probably a 911. I really dislike carburetors, though, and am wondering if there was a 911 that had fuel injection/electronic ignition? I like the older models that don't come off like muscle cars, so maybe an engine modification will be necessary (is such a conversion available?).

thanks,

brad

Old 09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Default RE: new, and interested in 911/fuel injected/electronic ignition

You need to do a little research and decide yourself. Porsche has used fuel injection for many years, but make sure you understand the pros and cons of the various types (my experience with mechanical fuel injection has been pretty poor).

Not sure what you mean about some Porsches being like muscle cars. To me that term means the car has an "excess" of low end torque. No one ever accused any Porsche of that.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Default RE: new, and interested in 911/fuel injected/electronic ignition

doesn't this count as research? guess I need to look elsewhere. A muscle car to me is a loud car with oversize features and/or embellishments used to garner attention from others.

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

You need to do a little research and decide yourself. Porsche has used fuel injection for many years, but make sure you understand the pros and cons of the various types (my experience with mechanical fuel injection has been pretty poor).

Not sure what you mean about some Porsches being like muscle cars. To me that term means the car has an "excess" of low end torque. No one ever accused any Porsche of that.